Senior Ecological Consultant
Salary £27,000 – £34,000 (senior)
Location: Banbury (Oxfordshire), Coventry or Hemel Hempstead
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a pro-active senior ecologist to join an expanding ecology team. This position can be based from several different offices to suit applicants.
The team works as a close-knit team with a strong focus on sharing expertise through internal training and professional development events.
The team undertakes a vast range of interesting projects for a wide range of clients covering the full range of ecological disciplines. They regularly undertake international ecology work including recent surveys in Africa and across Europe.
Their highly supportive ecology team includes NE Bat trainers, multiple bat class licence level 3 & 4 specialists, BSBI county-recorders, FISC level 6 botanists, university lecturers and directors / trustees of nature conservation charities.
Applicants can choose to work do a 4-day week in the winter to compensate for longer working hours in the summer.
The team regularly organise in-house specialist training including, botanical field trips, bat hibernation surveys and bat mist netting.
The Ecology team undertake a yearly Bioblitz and training day in addition to staff team building and training sessions.
Salary and benefits:
• 4-day week in the winter to compensate for longer working hours in the summer
• Family friendly, flexible working opportunities
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
• Regular structured training and career development
As a senior ecologist you can expect to get involved with management and delivery of all elements of field surveys, tender and report writing and project management.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Co-ordinating and undertaking Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveys
• Designing and implementing mitigation strategies
• Financial management of projects
• Production of tenders and reports
• Project management, report writing and delivery
• Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
• At least five years relevant experience or proven, previous experience in a similar role. Protected species licences, ideally Great Crested Newt and Bats(advantageous)
• Good team player, with the ability to work independently
• Enthusiasm, energy and drive to develop skills and deliver projects to the highest standard
• Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports, EcIAs, HRAs, protected species licence applications and tenders.
• Full driving licence
• Membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
Please Email email@example.com or call 07521510657