Working for a community based service that provides reablement support to patients from a wide range of hospital and community based settings within their own home across Oxfordshire. The service also supports clients in the community to prevent hospital admission. Close links have been developed with our community colleagues to ensure a smooth handover to any appropriate service and to prepare patients and clients for their future pathway.
The service facilitates the discharge of patients who require some additional support or who are awaiting long term care packages/ further reablement at home, and also prevents hospital admission by supporting those needing additional support within their own home after an episode of ill health.
This role is key to delivering appropriate and quality care when patients leave the hospital or have been identified as needing additional support after an episode of ill health. Post holders are required to follow individual care plans, report changes in a patient or clients condition and be part of a regular review process.
1. To provide an effective first point of contact for enquiries and information
2. Exercise judgement when dealing with patient/carer enquiries, analyse and resolve problems where appropriate or refer on to the Assessor.
3. Provide information regarding referrals and patient visits to patients/carers and staff, taking account of any potential communication differences.
4. Exchange confidential, sensitive or contentious information with patients/carers and staff, which requires persuasive skills where agreement and co-operation is required.
5. To be responsible for the distribution of information to staff as appropriate.
6. To be aware of the procedure for handling complaints and signposting patients/carers appropriately
You will be required to act on own initiative and be able to prioritise own workload whilst adhering to deadlines, referring to manager if necessary. You will be responsible for the team diary including making appointments, co-ordinating meetings etc. As well as providing administrative and secretarial support for correspondence, preparing agendas, minutes and circulation of papers as well as typing reports, and ad hoc presentations plus any general admin including filing.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The post holder will therefore be expected to adopt a flexible attitude towards these duties, which may have to be varied subject to the needs of the service and in keeping with the general profile of the post.
This is a 6 month contract starting as soon as possible, you must have an up to date DBS to be eligible for this role.