Our client is a market leader continuing to invest heavily in its IT and undergoing a large transformation of their IT Environments, Systems and Processes.
As a result, they are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance/Automation Test Engineer to join their Web and Mobile Front-End Team, which consistently deliver world-class digital platforms with multiple industry awards attributed to their name.
You will provide technical guidance for all aspects of the testing of Front-End Website and Mobile Apps, driving the design and development of the test automation framework. You will also be responsible for implementing the latest technologies, driving towards our continuous integration and delivery goal.
You’ll work within one of our clients Scrum Teams whilst working closely with the QA & Development Managers as well as the Solution Architects to achieve testability, maintainability, and scalability of our software products. Our client operates to an agile framework with a progressive DevOps culture with employees empowered to not only build but to support and monitor the features delivered by their hard work.
- Deliver Quality by providing and leading the UI test framework to enable rapid feedback loops
- Promote unit/component/functional/end to end testing in an Angular JS development environment
- Automate where appropriate to increase efficiencies
- Execution of Exploratory Tests where it may not be pragmatic to automate
- Promote best User Interface practices with a customer-centric focus on usability and stability
- Advocate and evangelise for best practices like Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Maintain and develop automated test suites, aiming for constant improvement and driving down manual testing effort
- Work with Scrum Masters, Test Engineers and QA Team to ensure all testing and QA tasks are accurately planned within the overall agreed timeframes of each release
- Identify gaps in process and seek to make improvements
- Update documentation for other team members
- Be the advocate for quality when testing is being discussed throughout the Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Stay up to date and familiar with the use of new testing tools
- Evaluate and drive the use of Open Source tools and share the latest tools across the QA team
- 5+ years QA Automation experience (preferably within a Digital/eCommerce environment)
- Expert in developing and maintaining robust automation tests and frameworks
- Proven experience of working with a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in Test Automation of Web and Mobile Applications following a BDD approach.
- Experience in the use of Mobile Lab environments
- Ability to work with Web and Mobile technology interfaces with back-end systems and API’s
- Experience in API Testing using tools such as Postman, Swagger etc
- Experience of Specflow
- Experience with non-functional testing (security, performance, load, etc)
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps environment
- Specialist in creating BDD frameworks
This is a truly unique opportunity to work for a market leader in an award-winning team at an exciting transformational stage offering a great working environment and long-term career prospects.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 basic (Circa £50k+ package)
Benefits: Annual Bonus, Share Allocation, 25 days holiday, Medical, Pension + More!
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire