Our client is a fast-growing company developing innovative technology across Demand Response, Battery Storage and Smart Grids.
They currently have an opportunity available for a Grants Manager to join their growing business. The Grants Manager’s goal is to maximise the benefit of their grant-funded activities, both in terms of winning new grants work and successfully delivering on existing commitments.
You will ideally understand the DSR and smart energy landscape and sources of innovation opportunities. You must also build and maintain an effective network comprising partners, competitors and other market participants, in order to be able to collaborate on grants opportunities.
The role is split between seeking new funded innovation opportunities and managing existing deliverables. The Grants Manager must be familiar with the various sources of innovation funding, and able to put together high-quality pitches on tight timescales.
Successful applications and existing projects must be managed effectively, including resourcing, progress tracking, communication and representation at any necessary forums, meetings and events. As such, the role requires travel.
The Grants Manager will work within the wider commercial team and in cooperation with the Product Managers to assure strategic alignment of grant projects and potentially to enable the development of commercial products out of grants projects.
• Ensure grant projects deliver on time and on budget
• Work with Senior Management Team to ensure adequate support from all teams is provided
• Maintain and develop application pipeline in alignment with company’s own R&D objectives and strategic direction
• Cooperate with Product Managers and NPI Manager to enable a potential commercial product development out of a grant project
• Financial tracking and reporting of grant-funded activities
• Hosting project meetings when necessary
• Coordinating project deliverables
• Individual contribution to project deliverables
• Representing company and presenting at respective events
• Ensure a clear process is defined for resourcing the delivery work and for capturing personnel efforts in real time in alignment with current procedures established by the HR and Finance functions
• Ideally 5+ years relevant experience
• Master’s Degree in Business and/or Engineering
• Languages: Fluency in English; working knowledge of foreign languages advantageous but not required (e.g. German, French)
• Highly motivated individual
• Enthusiastic about green energy and technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to confidently present sophisticated / technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
• Strong relationship building skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
• Mature, entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual
• Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
• Commercially aware
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
Send us your CV or get in touch.