Glen Dimplex is a privately owned, multinational group head quartered in North Dublin which operates through 6 divisions worldwide with around 10,000 employees. Glen Dimplex is the world's largest manufacturer of electric heating solutions and also holds a significant global position in the domestic appliances market. Today, we are at the forefront of a low-carbon revolution and Glen Dimplex is a global leader in the development and delivery of low carbon solutions for space and water heating, cooling and ventilation for a smarter cleaner and more efficient future.
Details of brands and our exciting history of growth can be found on our website.
We are currently working on a Business Transformation Programme, that will include the implementation of SAP (S/4 HANA) across the Group, and the set-up of the Global Business Services (GBS). The new GBS centre in North Dublin will manage a wide scope of Finance and Commercial process for the Group's Business Units.
Reporting to the Master Data Management Manager, the Master Data Management Analyst will work in SAP to create and manage a wide range of Master Data objects within the GBS. The successful candidate will liaise with the Business requestors of changes to Master Data to ensure that valid updates are made completely and accurately in accordance with the Group's processes and controls, and play an important role in continually improving the quality standards of the companies data.
- Play an active role in defining the company's new data governance processes and quality standards;
- Liaise with Business Stakeholder to communicate the new processes and standards;
- Support the Project Data Migration activities, as required;
- Take part in training on new SAP based processes for your role;
- Support Knowledge Transfer from Business Units for activities where work will be transferring into the new GBS Centre;
- Support system testing for activities relating to your role (UAT);
- Support testing of other tools that are being implemented as part of the Business Transformation Programme;
- Support documentation of new processes and Business knowledge gathering.
Global Business Service
- Developing a deep understanding of SAP Master Data Governance tools;
- Developing a deep understanding of the Group's ticketing and workflow tools that is used to manage several Master Data objectives;
- Driving Data Governance Standards across the business units;
- Managing worklists and ticketing queues for Master Data Change Requests;
- Reviewing, validating and improving Master Data Change Requests;
- Carrying out checks for duplicate records over all Master Data Change Requests;
- Rejecting Change Requests with errors and justifying/supporting any remediation;
- Liaising with Business and GBS Master Data users/requestors to resolve queries;
- Being responsible for the creating, maintenance and archiving of Master Data objects in SAP;
- Ensuring that maintenance of all Master Data objects is carried out with a high level of accuracy in accordance with the Group's leading practice processes and controls;
- Analysing and reporting on Data Quality across the Data Types (Material, Customer, Vendor, etc)
- Supporting reporting on MDM team activities, volumetrics and KPI's;
- Running period reviews and clean-ups for assigned Master Data objects;
- Identifying and managing your training needs and working with the MDM Manager Lead to obtain any agreed training;
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives in Master Data Management
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 1 year experience in Master Data processing in a Global Business Services environment;
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system desirable;
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy of data entry;
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel;
- Able to prioritise activities such as management of worklists and queues;
- Willing to take ownership for several assigned critical master data objects in SAP;
- Willingness to learn to develop business and system skills;
- Ability to interact with personnel at various levels;
- University degree desirable;
- Knowledge of a second European language would be an advantage (e.g. German, French).