Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client Rochdale Borough Council.
Our client, have a number of requirements for a number of different teams within their Children Services, this particular role is for agency Social Worker(s) to join their Complex Safeguarding Team.
Rochdale's Complex Safeguarding Team is a multi-agency team focused on tackling child exploitation within Rochdale.
The key tasks include:
Assessing and understanding the needs of children and young people who are at risk of, or are being exposed to child sexual and/or child criminal exploitation, ensuring that they are safeguarded and protected.
Working in new ways and using bespoke tools and frameworks to get the best out of young people and their family/carers.
Creating and providing bespoke direct work sessions and intervention plans.
Working as part of a multi-agency team.
Establishing and developing collaborative working relationships with other agencies and services to ensure effective service intervention and delivery.
Delivering bespoke training to professionals, organisations, and young people as part of the prevention strategy.
Please note: as the post is based within Rochdale Police Station, this post requires enhanced vetting by Greater Manchester Police.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts here are full-time and generally offered for a minimum of 3 months before rolling on.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy further or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.