Project Manager – Gas Peaking and Battery Storage
Climate17 and Suncredit Energy are working in partnership to source a Project Manager to join their growing team.
Suncredit Energy are a leading international clean energy developer. They source potential project sites and manage the planning and development process from assessment through to finance and installation to operations. They execute energy projects internationally across many industries including Gas Peaking and Energy Storage.
Due to ongoing growth and an increasing demand for their services they are currently looking for a Project Manager to manage the development and of gas peaking and storage plants.
The successful Project Manager will be responsible for taking sites that have grid, gas and land secured, through to "shovel ready” status.
The Project Manager’s role is to know everything about a particular site (project) in order to efficiently manage the many elements required for successful project development.
- Reporting directly to the Development Manager and working closely with the wider development team.
- The Project Manager takes responsibility for project from ‘validation’ (meets key criteria all the way through to project financial close and handover to the construction/delivery team.
- Managing projects through all due development processes including
- obtaining planning approvals
- securing legal and commercial agreements
- managing technical on and off-site designs
- securing and maintaining electrical and gas connections as well as other utilities
- obtaining relevant emission & environmental permitting
- managing consultants, technology and connections suppliers
- anticipating and mitigating development risk
- budgetary and development program responsibility
- other related development requirements.
- Take ownership of development problems, seeing them through to resolution.
- Work with the financial close team to ensure project financing and construction handover.
- The successful PM must be a creative problem-solver with an ability to combine, legal, planning, technical and commercial knowledge to ensure the successful delivery of validated projects.
- You will be an individual who has expertise and experience in the development of energy projects and who wants to help grow and shape our client’s energy business.
- You will have a track record in obtaining planning consents and managing numerous projects simultaneously with a solid understanding of the energy development processes, from project origination, DNO / GNO connections, through design, development, financing, EPC, and operation.
- You will have financial management experience - agreeing and managing budgets.
- You will have an understanding and experience of property law relevant to developing energy projects.
- Exceptional professional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral..
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from matrix resources.
- Experience in contacting and dealing with corporate landowners.
- Very organised, with an ability to autonomously manage multiple projects at once (obtaining legal agreements and required consents simultaneously) and meet individual targets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Driven, with desire to succeed.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to be assertive when appropriate.
- A positive approach to challenges.
- Preferred experience in Energy / Engineer / Project Management
- Currently working in the energy industry
- Worked within the energy industry for at least 4 years
- A passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, challenging environment.
- Exposure to exciting fast-moving energy industry with multi-million-pound projects
- Working with new and innovative technology
- Opportunities to progress within our client’s business.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
Climate17 are working on a partnership basis with Suncredit as a managed recruitment provider so all applications and enquiries will be directed here.
For full disclosure, please contact David Blake on +447772552751 or Suncredit@climate17.com to send us your CV.