Our client is a Global Leader in Insurance and Risk Management part of a group with over 70,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues in excess of $15 billion.
Continuing to grow heavily through merger and acquisition Human Capital Ventures is proud to be acting at their preferred partner in the recruitment of Financial Crime & TPP Manager on a permanent basis.
Our clients Financial Crime Team manages the UK’s Financial Crime Framework and helps the UK Company meet its’ legal and regulatory requirements relating to Financial Crime prevention across the areas of Anti-Money Laundering, Customer Due Diligence, Fraud, Sanctions and Export Controls, Bribery & Corruption (ABC) including Third Party Providers (TPPs) and Gifts & Entertainment.
They are looking for a proactive and dynamic Financial Crime Manager to join their busy team at a time when the company is going through an exciting period of growth and change. You will work across a broad range of financial crime risks and you will have subject matter expertise in UK and international trade sanctions and export control legislation.
- Act as a subject matter expert and the point of contact to provide guidance to the UK business units and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s Policies, Procedures and Financial Crime Framework.
- Develop and maintain UK specific financial crime policies, procedures and operational controls.
- Work with the business to support the management of risks and provide technical advice, guidance and training as and when required.
- Raise awareness and understanding of financial crime issues/risks affecting the company.
- Support the Head of Financial Crime in the production of management information and governance reports.
- Support or lead ad hoc projects to enhance controls or to meet new regulation, legislation or best practice.
- Keep up to date on relevant financial crime developments in order to keep the team and company appropriately briefed on new/emerging developments.
- Provide guidance to the business on a range of sanctions referrals including complex cases, providing review and approval or escalating as required.
- Provide advice on referrals related to UK Export Controls and apply for licenses if required.
- Knowledge of UK and international trade sanctions legislation including UK OFSI, EU, UN and OFAC sanctions.
- Knowledge of trade sanctions screening systems and reviewing and managing sanctions alerts.
- Capable of building strong stakeholder relationships across the company including with business, legal and compliance colleagues.
- Experience of working in the insurance sector with a good understanding of regulatory requirements relevant to the financial crime risks of the company’s business, and the markets in which it operates.
- Project management experience.
- Analytical skills including good working knowledge of excel and PowerPoint and experience analysing data and creating reports.
- University Degree or recognised industry accreditation (for example, ICA Financial Crime Diploma).
Location: City of London + Travel
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Benefits: Company Car Allowance, Annual Bonus Scheme, 26 days holiday, Private Medical, Excellent Pension Scheme + More