Glen Dimplex is a privately owned, multinational group head quartered in North Dublin which operates through 6 divisions worldwide with around 10,000 employees. Glen Dimplex is the world's largest manufacturer of electric heating solutions and also holds a significant global position in the domestic appliances market. Today, we are at the forefront of a low-carbon revolution and Glen Dimplex is a global leader in the development and delivery of low carbon solutions for space and water heating, cooling and ventilation for a smarter cleaner and more efficient future.
Details of brands and our exciting history of growth can be found on our website.
We are currently working on a Business Transformation Programme, that will include the implementation of SAP (S/4 HANA) across the Group, and the set-up of the Global Business Services (GBS).
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Human Resource Officer and will be responsible for the Global end to end compensation and benefits process at Glen Dimplex. As a new position in the group the role will have a mix of Strategic and hands on operational responsibilities with the successful candidate having the opportunity to create and design parts of their role and the overall compensation and benefits strategy for the group.
- Build, design and implement an innovative global compensation strategy to take into account both local and global business needs;
- Full responsibility for managing the annual global pay planning and salary review programme. This may include analysis data, bench-marking and proposing recommendations;
- Design and implement a global grading structure including draft job descriptions, job analyses and classifications;
- Implement a global approach to salary and benefit bench-marking. Build a database of bench-marking data along with labour market surveys;
- Keeping abreast of external market trends and ensuring our compensation plans comply with the relevant legislation. Keep track of prevailing pay rates;
- Support internal employee mobility including employee transfers, assignments and secondments for admin arrangements, tax, etc.
Benefit and Reward:
- Responsibility for managing the global Executive Bonus Scheme;
- Design and implement an appropriate global reward and recognition scheme;
- Management of the benefits portfolio for group employees including the interaction with new hires on their on-boarding to the company;
- Monitor and identify external market trends in regards benefits. Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employee benefit programs in practice in other organisations making proposal for implementation in Glen Dimplex;
- Evaluating how effective the benefit packages are in terms of employee satisfaction.
Systems and other:
- Along with the IT function, lead on the selection and implementation of a suite of HR systems to support the global People Strategy;
- Act as an advisor and support to the HR community, managers and directors in the business on all matters relating to compensation and benefits;
- Train employees and managers as necessary on compensation and benefits programmes.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years experience as a Compensation and Benefits Manager or similar role;
- This role is an individual contributor role so must be able to balance between strategic and hands on tasks;
- Knowledge of building and creating compensation packages and bonus programs for various departments and seniority levels;
- Excellent understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills including being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and demonstrate leadership and negotiation skills;
- Ability to exercise judgement and strategic thinking, while still being meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Good analytical skills and strong Excel skills.
North Dublin, some travel possibly required