JOB TITLE : Senior Associate – NRI Services
REPORTS TO (Job Title) : Head – NRI Services
START DATE : Immediate
LOCATION : City of London
DEPARTMENT : NRI Services
To provide the highest level of customer care to NRI customers, ensuring that customer loyalty is established and that our Client (bank) is recognised as the Banker of choice within the NRI community.
• To facilitate the opening of new NRI accounts for new and existing customers.
• Responsible for attending to service requests for NRI customers of the bank’s India branches including requests for bank cards/cheque books/account name changes/deceased accounts etc.
• Responsible for arranging placement of NRE/NRO/FCNR term deposits and repatriation with the banks’ India branches.
• Responsible for cross-selling of UK Personal & retail banking products.
• Responsible for facilitating NRI Home loans & Car loans.
• Is required to collaborate with London main branch on remittance requests for new and existing NRI customers.
• Is expected to provide comprehensive guidance and information about product features to NRI customers on the bank’s various NRI products.
• Is responsible for the preliminary vetting and scrutiny of applications for new NRI accounts and other NRI products, as well as miscellaneous maintenance requests received directly, or from other UK branches.
• Responsible for handling incoming NRI customer queries in a prompt, efficient and timely manner.
• Is responsible for coordinating with other UK branches and forwarding new account applications to branches/LCPCs/ Global NRI centre in India where applicable.
• Is required to maintain the highest level of service and delivery standards at all times.
• Is expected to adhere to all banking policies and compliance procedures including due diligence and ‘know your customer’ guidelines.
• Is responsible for monthly and annual analysis of data and preparation of pertinent reports for the NRI/Remittances’ department.
• Responsible for the preparation of BMC data and presentation for same.
• Is expected to support to the Remittance department in the recovery of overpayment of funds to customers.
• Is required to participate in Networking and Business events/initiatives and collate data/leads for Retail products, and NRI services etc.
• Is required to provide support to Retail branches as and when required and to perform any other duties as delegated by the Head - NRI Services.
• Is required to maintain a welcoming helpful and professional branch atmosphere.
• Is comfortable with using emails, WhatsApp ,attend telephone calls .
• Achieving Excellence – always strives for quality and applies process and discipline towards optimising performance.
• Planning & Organising – successfully undertakes planning and organizing activities, tasks and projects and is an excellent record keeper.
• Excellent Communication skills – has the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a varied audience.
• Relationship Building – is skilled at building strong customer relationships, understanding the needs of the customer and engendering trust.
• Collaborating for Excellent Customer Service – is able to collaborate with other departments and branches to ensure that the customer needs are conveyed and met the experience is delightful.
• Data gathering – the ability to collate and store data for the purpose of making sound decisions regarding current and future customer service requests and activity.
- NRI Customers
- Remittance department
- Local Retail branches and back office operations
- Indian Retail branches
- LCPs in India/ Global NRI Centre / NRI Nodal offices
• Customer service experience with a passion for high achievement is essential.
• People Oriented – always maintaining a warm, friendly interface with others.
• In all contacts the post holder will be required to present a good image of the Bank as well as maintaining constructive relationships.
• SALARY OFFERED : Circa £24,000 - £27,000 PER ANNUM
• JOB STATUS : FULL TIME , PERMANENT
• The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Bank’s Equal Opportunities Policy.