Driver Hire & dh Recruitment Gatwick are part of a nationwide network of over 100 offices providing recruitment and training services to the transport/logistics industry and office/clerical sector. Currently we are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Crawley who are leading distributor of palatalized goods for same day and next day deliveries. We are looking for HGV Class 2 drivers to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
The role would involve the following.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing deliveries palatalized goods around the South East.
- Provide great customer service to develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Oversee safe loading and unloading of goods from the vehicle.
- Get get involved with manual handing of goods.
- Completing all paperwork, making sure documents are correctly signed and distributed to customers.
- Complying with driving hours and rules of the road.
- Collect goods from other depots/warehouses.
- Monday to Friday working weeks.
- Overtime often available with occasional Saturdays.
- Overtime rates 1.25 hours.
- Starting salary of £25,000.
- With bonus and overtime, realistic average earnings would be £28,000.
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Work pension scheme.
- Career progression and development within the company.
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence.
- Category C on your licence, held for one year (preferred).
- Up to date CPC.
- Up to date Digital Tachograph.
- One year driving experience (preferred).
- Have your own form of transport to get and from the workplace.
- Live within 20 miles of the site in Crawley.
For more details, please call James, Logan, Kingsley or Ryan on 01293 934555, Mon-Fri (08:00-17:00) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.