Our client, which has recently been acquired by the UK operation of a large US Private Equity Investment Fund, is one of the UK’s leading providers of flexible business space with 98 estates and over 3,800 customers and their vision is to be recognised as the best provider of flexible business space coupled with a vibrant and exciting place to work.
The strategic business plan is to maximise the profit and value from our clients’ existing assets through a period of significant expansion over the next 3 to 5 years. This will be an exciting opportunity to be part of a great team and you will be rewarded for achieving fabulous results as a key individual, being part of a team and a largely successful business. The post holder will be a role model, demonstrating the clients’ key values of:
- Professionalism; and
- Reporting to the Property Director, you will maximise investment returns through active asset management of the Midlands and South West portfolio through co-ordination with the senior management team and professional advisers.
- To deliver and support the sales and operational departments on all matters relating to leases and our legal ownership.
- To support the wider property department in its functions as project manager and in its disposal / acquisitions function
- Unlock potential new acquisition opportunities
- Working with the Regional Team to co-ordinate the delivery of the Asset Management Plan for each property.
- Actively seek out, appraise and present opportunities using IRR and NPV appraisals
- To generate additional income and value on each site including potential refurbishment and redevelopment.
- To resolve all issues either directly or with advisers revolving around legal occupation and ownership of the estate. This will include L&T notices, renewals, leases, reviews, licence to alter or assign, surrender and any property litigation or matters relating to the long-leasehold or freehold title.
- Support the Property Director and Board in the purchase or sale of estates on an individual or portfolio level.
- To propose recommendations and then deliver on the sale process of under-performing assets.
- Be involved in and support new letting pitches, presentations and negotiations with both existing and new customers.
- Minimise business rates costs within your portfolio.
- Support the Finance Department in the review and approval of service charge budgets and reconciliations.
- To understand and incorporate the key trends in the investment and occupier market into the Asset Management Plans.
- Undertake regular property inspections of allocated properties and provide advice on building repairs and improvements, Health & Safety issues and Statutory Obligations.
- Progress and promote best practice and improvement in departmental activities.
- Apply the rules and procedures contained in The Company’s H&S Compliance and The Standard Operating and Procedures Manual.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- MRICS qualified (2-5 years PQE);
- In-House background preferable, not essential
- Asset management, disposal and acquisition experience in the Midlands and South West
- Responsible for maximising investment returns through active asset management of the Midlands portfolio consisting of 13 properties (inc. Bristol) through co-ordination with the senior management team and any professional advisers.
- Ability to use standard IT software such as Word, Excel;
- Promote team rules, company culture and communication with colleagues in the specialist area of Property & Asset Management and other business lines;
- Results driven to achieve asset value across your portfolio and on each property, lease renewal and rent reviews targets and statutory responsibilities;
- To present commercial recommendations using models for IRR, NPV, NOI and PBIT;
- Ability to carry out effective presentations;
- Ability to build and maintain internal relationships and maintain tenant/customer relationships;
- Through work ethic, experience and knowledge, gain respect of the team
- Utilise knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make informed recommendations;
- To understand and analyse property assets and investment objectives;
- To recognise and progress opportunities for promoting additional income to existing and potential customer/occupiers
- To understand the principles of a lease and licence agreements and to maximise commercial opportunities and apply legal principles of the various to L&T processes;
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and client/internal procedural requirements;
- Strong MS Excel skills;
- Excellent commercial acumen; and possess a
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Package up to £50,000 (inclusive of car allowance)
- Performance related staff bonus
- 26 days’ holiday, plus personal birthday and also Statutory Bank Holidays
To apply for this position, please contact Clare Norman on 0121 796 8460 or email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com quoting the position and reference for this role.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Property, Legal, Construction & Engineering Sectors and our consultants are highly experienced in their specialist sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your next move, call us now for a confidential chat on 0121 796 8460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk for more jobs.