We are looking for a talented and experienced training professional to help develop learning materials that will inspire our own technical staff and our global distribution partners .
You will be working with our applications engineers and other subject matter experts to understand the key features of our hardware and software products and then presenting them in a compelling way for both classroom delivery and distance/online learning.
The successful candidate should have 3 or more years previous experience in a learning and development team and will have a good understanding of adult learning styles and distance learning creation gained in an engineering or technical environment. This is not a soft skills or Microsoft Office training role - all of our products are developed by us and will require you to gain a good understanding of them before you can start producing materials.
- Deliver a high-quality, effective and engaging technical training experience for learners
- Educate, support and coach learners to develop technical skills and in-depth knowledge of our services.
- Clearly explain complex concepts to learners for whom English isn't always a first language
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes
- Respond to enquiries from within the company and from distributors and customers regarding training offerings
- Keep abreast of product and market developments and maintain your own technical competency on products and solutions
- Maintain appropriate records on our internal systems to show a record of training delivered and assessments passed
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and to convey them to others in an easily understandable way
- Outstanding communication skills
- Self-motivation and aptitude to learn new technology areas
- Analytical, problem solver and keen attention to detail
- Proven experience as technical trainer preferably gained in a distance learning environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal English language skills, other languages will be advantageous
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a strong asset
- Experience in designing technical course content an advantage, preferably using SCORM or an LMS for tracking
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
Education to degree standard would be desirable but not essential