Development Delivery Manager
Due to continued expansion of one of our top clients in the Berkshrie area, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Delivery Manager to join an established software product company.
Reporting to the CEO, my client is looking for an energetic software development delivery manager to quickly engage with the software developers and testers, inspiring them to push the boundaries of software development. This role requires a leader who can confidently inspire the team to provide top-quality delivery within agreed timescales and deadlines.
The successful candidate will be required to manage a team of initially twenty, expanding to thirty people in three locations and oversee the day-to-day management of the development resources required to effectively deliver and support correctly engineered solutions across the whole product suite.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Give collaborative input into planning and be the driving force behind the delivery.
- Provide status updates via reports and key managerial meetings.
- Provide an escalation point for the development team as well as pastoral care of the individuals within the team supported by the team leaders.
- Continue to grow the team in line with business requirements for the SAAS products.
- Organise the team to optimise the delivery output. Be a considered and pragmatic stakeholder in technology decisions and product strategic direction.
- Responsible for overall delivery of application development to agreed timescales and quality.
- Responsible for resourcing team to effectively deliver on key milestones.
- Maintenance of a skills matrix for the team linking to current and future technologies.
- Career development plans for each member of the team, ensuring their training needs are met where necessary.
- Carry out bi-annual appraisals, as well as reviewing individual progress and performance regularly to bolster the team and manage long-term staff retention strategies.
- Have an understanding of product functionality sufficient to be able to plan and manage delivery of product changes.
- Assists the Demand Manager in the analysis of product change and participates in new ideas for enhancing product.
- Mentors teams through Agile planning and delivery, agrees development release schedule with Demand Manager.
- Technical arbiter of development decisions and resolution of issues escalated.
- A stakeholder in technical strategy discussions and decisions.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak, articulate and express ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Good problem solving, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Approachable even when under pressure, a proficient leader.
- Confident, proactive, flexible, self-motivated with a sense of urgency in addressing and managing day-to-day activities.
- 3 years minimum in a software project management/delivery manager role.
- 2 years Agile SCRUM master experience and managing multiple Agile teams of greater than 15 people in total.
- Certified Agile SCRUM Master.
- Demonstrable understanding of development processes.
- Quality focussed and strong understanding of how quality is achieved.
- Able and willing to travel abroad approximately 1 week per month to offshore locations.
The client is willing to move very quickly for the right candidate, so if interested please apply with your latest CV ASAP.