We are currently working with our client in the Fresh Chicken Industry to recruit for the Role of a EV Chargehand.
Supporting the EV supervisor & the EV team, ensuring the EV department is running efficiently with regards to quality, Yield, legal compliance including the day to day completion of administration, attendance, training, performance & the maximising of edible offal harvesting.
Being the chargehand for the area, assisting the supervisor with setting the team out on a Daily basis and ensuring that the resources are in place for the line to run and the relevant Safety and Quality checks are being carried out.
Dealing with & assisting the supervisor during any breakdowns or changes in the daily plan and communicating with the Engineering team and management.
To ensure the required PIA checks are carried out after plucking and evisceration for both internal and external signs of disease/damage i.e. birds with a damaged wing/leg, badly bled birds, feathered birds and runts etc and decide whether the bird is suitable for processing, or should be rejected in connection with PIA’s.
To interact with the Official Veterinarian to ensure that post-mortem duties are carried out in the Supervisors absence.
Assist or deputise for the EV Supervisor in providing the relevant documentation providing legal & customer compliance of the process, reporting of KPI’s, Scorecards & other computer-based reports to agreed deadlines.
The ideal candidate would have the following experence and qualifications in acordance to this role;
· Previous experience of leading a team or deputising
· Aware of hygiene standards
· Mechanically minded
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Data recording experience/computer skills
· Ability to cope with routine work & FMCG environment
· Positive attitude to work and others
· Ability to work as a member of a team
· Able to use own initiative and learn new skills
· Previous experience of working within a food factory experience / FMCG
· Previous experience of working within Poultry industry
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Food hygiene qualification
· H&S qualifications
This role is for 45 hours per week;
Hours of work – Monday to Friday 05:45am until 15:45pm
Rate of Pay - £10.00 per hour
If you would like to speak more about this role please contact us on 01642 378888 or at email@example.com