Purpose of the Post: Duties include eradication of pest infestations, pest proofing of buildings and structures and drain clearances
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide the following services under the direction of the Pest Control Manager:
a) The clearance of drainage obstructions in accordance with current Council Policy.
b) The eradication and prevention of insect pest infestations including proofing.
c) The eradication and prevention of rodent infestations including proofing.
d) The eradication and prevention of other vertebrate pest infestations including proofing and fumigation
e) The control of other pests as specified by the Pest Control Manager.
f) The disinfecting and fumigation of premises as directed.
g) To collect payments as directed in accordance with Council Policy.
2. To ensure the provision and safe storage of adequate stocks of materials and equipment for the above services.
3. To ensure that the vehicles and equipment are in an efficient and safe working order.
4. To ensure efficient and safe working practices in accordance with the directions from management, relevant legislation, and in particular the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1988, the Council’s Safety Policy and relevant Codes of Practice.
5. To assist Environmental Health Officer and Technical Officers in their legal duties.
6. To assist in dealing with problems of immediate emergency which might arise outside normal hours.
7. To deputise, as directed, for the Pest Control Manager in his/her absence.
8. Support the work of the pest control service and relevant work programmes including conducting surveys, inspections, providing technical advice and producing reports.
9. All employees may be required, in addition to any other contractual arrangements, to work on occasions outside traditional office hours, e.g. at night, weekends, and public holidays. When this entails working outside the current flexitime period, then either time off in lieu will be granted or overtime will be paid (at the rates applicable in current conditions of service) at the discretion of the Pest Control Manager.
10. The postholder will be required to work some weekends.
11. The above duties and responsibilities cannot totally encompass or define all the tasks which may be required of the incumbent. The outlined duties and responsibilities may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility, these factors are reflected in the po