The key purpose of the role is to deliver, load/unload, collect and install portable accommodation to a variety of locations throughout the UK, safely and on time.
- Reporting directly to the Regional Services Manager and functional relationship with Transport Administrators and Transport Planners.
- Deliver, load/unload, collect and install portable accommodation safely and on time.
- Drive a vehicle with crane lifting up to 85t (wagon and drag).
- Comply with company standards at all times.
- Assess and consider site access.
- Communicate effectively with customers to deliver workable solutions.
- Accurate completion of paperwork for both unit movements and vehicle records.
- Undertake routine checks of the vehicle and general appearance of the vehicle.
- Safely set up Lorry Loader in position to load or unload portable accommodation.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of EU driver hours, WTD and Tachograph regulations.
- Adhere to Company’s Health & Safety rules, policies and procedures along with Customers own when visiting sites.
- Some involvement of working at heights if and when required.
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Job experience & skills requirements
- Clear & effective communicator
- Proven ability to make independent decisions as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- Customer focused
- Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
- Experience driving a heavy goods vehicle
- ‘Wagon & Drag’ and the licences required to drive this vehicle are Class 1 (Category C+E) or Class 2 with 102 Coding.
- A good understanding and knowledge of current regulations in regarding to EU driver hours, Working Time Directive and Driver’s Tachograph restrictions.
- Slinger /Signaller and CSCS accreditation desirable
- Driver CPC Qualification hours
- Portable accommodations industry experience desirable
- Familiar with working in a high pressurised environment
- Geographical knowledge
Experience driving a heavy goods vehicle, Class 1 license (Category C+E) or Class 2 with 102 Coding