Climate 17 are delighted to be supporting our client who are a leading consulting firm who advise governments and multilateral agencies on policy drivers for impact across renewables and energy efficiency and in managing innovation. Due to the ongoing growth, they currently have a need for a proactive and enthusiastic Principal Consultant to join their London ofﬁce.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the growth of the team’s policy work with governments (e.g., UK’s BEIS), the EU (DG Energy, EuropeAid) and other MDBs (World Bank, IFC, EBRD, AfDB, etc.).
The work would cover client projects across a range of functional areas including managing large cleantech innovation programmes, market studies, as well as technical delivery, and would include energy management, renewables, storage, CCS, hydrogen, etc.
The individual would work closely with teams in the UK, Belgium, Netherlands and the Middle East & Africa, and potentially in Turkey and the Caucuses.
The role is doer-seller, combining relationship development and proposals with delivery, with a typical mix of 60% / 40%. Some international travel is required as part of relationship development, conference speaking, project delivery and team engagement.
- Win substantial new policy related work through an order intake target;
- Develop a clear customer and technology focus for tender submissions;
- Drive quality bid/no bid decisions;
- Write and direct high-quality proposals;
- Work with Finance to ensure the appropriate project pricing is adopted to maximise win probability and team utilisation;
- Attain internal approvals of proposals in line with the Chart of Authority;
- Work with the team to develop multi-level contacts at key institutions;
- Grow the partner and associate pool across several markets to increase win rates;
- Help the team to focus its BD resource on the most winnable projects and customers;
- Broaden the capabilities of the team into new areas to extend the range of RFPs that the policy team can bid for.
- Be highly chargeable on project delivery, which could include roles such as Project Director, Project Manager, or even other more technical functions;
- Allocate resources to projects as required working closely with other policy professionals and technical experts;
- Approve delivery of client reports and technical work, where appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Energy Policy or Sustainability preferred; bachelor’s degree or equivalent as minimum;
- Substantial experience of energy policy related work, especially with UK and EU government entities, the EC, EBRD, and another multilateral agencies;
- Strong understanding of market drives and challenges;
- Expertise/broad understanding of one or more of the technical areas of the department;
- Existing and senior level relationships with a range of institutions internationally;
- Experience of managing other policy experts and/or technical staff on projects;
- Exceptional commercial awareness result orientation and proven business development ability within this sector;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Travel to other offices (and occasionally internationally) is required within this role.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact David Ward at email@example.com / +44 7761800201, or send us your CV.