Driver Hire & dh Recruitment Gatwick are part of a nationwide network of over 100 offices providing recruitment and training services to the transport/logistics industry and office/clerical sector. Currently we are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Crawley who are a distributor stationary and office supplies to customers around the South East. We are recruiting for individuals to join their team of van drivers on a permanent basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operating a 3.5T longwheel base van.
- Completing deliveries of stationary products.
- Delivering to schools, offices, hospitals and many other customers.
- Could expected between 30-40 deliveries per day.
- Loading the vehicle in an order that matches the deliveries you'll make.
- Assisting with the unloading of goods at each destination.
- Greeting customers, getting signatures and giving invoices when you deliver.
- Updating delivery records.
- Returning undelivered items.
- Great hourly rate of £8.50-£10.00.
- Monday to Friday working days.
- 07:00am starts each day.
- Shifts usually lasting 8-10 hours.
- Overtime often available.
- Depending on performance on the job, the role would lead into a full time, permanent role with our client.
For the role you must have:
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence.
- No more than six points on your licence.
- One year driving experience (preferred).
- Have your own form of transport to get and from the workplace.
- Live within 15 miles of the site in Crawley.
For more details, please call James, Logan, Ryan or Sam on 01293 934555, Mon-Fri (08:00-17:00) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.