Our client requires an experienced IT Solution Designer to join its existing Solution Design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of technology solutions built on enterprise class platforms which meet business requirements and enable projects to deliver against corporate strategies and objectives, ensuring these are in line with architectural standards.
They will be a member of a talented team acting as trusted advisors to colleagues at all levels in IT and the wider business. Working alongside Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical Specialists to produce fully costed end-to-end solutions designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements, conforming to Council architecture standards and lead the implementation of these.
The successful candidate will have a broad range of technical IT experience with a depth of knowledge in at least one of the following, Windows Server, storage, firewalls, load balancers, databases, IaaS and PaaS. They will be well versed with solution delivery lifecycles and accountable for ensuring the successful implementation of your solutions through to launch, completing solution design documentation and resolving any identified architectural issues.
Tasks:- For each identified project
• Liaise with Business Analysts and Key Stakeholders helping to understand/set high level scope for each proposal.
• Research options and make high level recommendation on likely delivery methods.
• Liaise with Enterprise Team to ensure standards and future direction met.
• Feedback on likely achievement against initial business case.
• Create infrastructure designs and cost estimates
• Create task and resource estimates.
• Present proposals for IT architecture approval.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
• Significant background knowledge and design experience / skills.
• Ability to act as SME against a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas.
• Ability to work with BA’s and stakeholders to specify a high level the design.
• Good communication skills – including verbal, written and facilitation skills
• Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
• Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Good grasp of platform, networking and storage essentials
• Familiarity with TOGAF architecture methodology and concepts
• Familiarity with elements of HCC’s key technology stack is advantageous
• Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, Netscaler
• Windows Server 2008+ (inc. all server roles and features)
• VMWare ESXi 5+
• Microsoft Hyper-V
• Exchange up to and including 2010
• PowerShell Scripting
• App V
Working hours are 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 17:30pm