Our client is a growing national surveying practice. They are growing their team in the Midlands who work nationwide with major institutional and public sector clients. They are currently and on the lookout for talented surveyors to join them in the covering the midlands.
This is a varied & interesting leadership role and includes managing teams to deliver work streams including valuation, negotiation and acquisition advice to Infrastructure and Public Sector clients.
The role will include managing and developing the respective profit centre to grow the business further, however we would also be open to considering those at a lower newly qualified level. Clients include major infrastructure providers and public sector bodies.
Previous experience of CPOs and a rural, commercial or general practice background/understanding would be desirable.
- Lead in the delivery of major Infrastructure & Energy projects for National Bodies and Corporate investors. Sectors covered include rail, road, energy, water, utilities, communications and regeneration.
- Financial and client reporting on four weekly / monthly basis and as required.
- Delivery of valuation reports in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
- Land acquisition advice.
- Negotiation of disturbance claims following works.
- Consents for access across third party land for works.
- Compulsory Purchase advice to claimants affected by schemes - negotiation and settlement of claims.
- Effective team working in light and heavy matrix scenarios moving between the client and our offices and teams.
- An active role in the continuous development of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Full membership of RICS and ideally a registered valuer
- Leadership experience and project management experience delivering land assembly schemes.
- Commercial, Rural, or General practice background
- Compulsory Purchase/Compensation knowledge and experience desirable.
- Valuation experience preferable.
- The ability to drive business initiatives forward in a confident and personable manner.
- The ability to establish new and maintain existing relationships.
Behaviours and Attitude
- A business development-orientated attitude, with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- An ambitious person who wants to develop their career in line with the business.
- Strong communication skills, giving and receiving feedback on a regular basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a good sense of humour.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential.
- Enjoys taking the initiative while seeking advice and support when appropriate.
- Friendly, diplomatic and approachable.
- The ability to tackle a variety of tasks with common sense and enthusiasm.
- Actively seeks out continuous self-development, broadening knowledge and experience.
- Adheres to the RICS Rules of Conduct or relevant professional body where appropriate.
- A great salary and benefits package
- Our client operates an agile working environment. The role therefore has the option to be home based or work from client sites 2-3 days a week and in the office the rest of the time.
- Continual support and professional development working for a national firm.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact David Blake on +44 7772552751, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.