Salary is up to 16k with no flex - would prefer a junior candidate at the start of their career, as there are opportunities to grow with the business.
Working hours - 9-5
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Looking into possible gym membership
- We are able to refer candidates to healthcare schemesm, but don't offer private healthcare.
Looking for someone to start in the last weeke of August/first week of September at the latest.
About the Role
As an Administration Assistant and Receptionist, you will provide a high level of administrative support to the business.You will have the opportunity to work across the organisation within a friendly, dynamic team and build relationship with our clients in a customer facing role.
• Experience as an administrative assistant or office junior or PA role
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent understanding of the client base and their needs
• Keen interest in our customer base, understanding our core products and services and what is required in terms of support
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
• A can-do attitude
• Ability to work flexibly in a friendly, accommodating manner
• A team player
• Able to work using own initiative
• Able to work across a multi-skilled team across all levels of the company
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
• English and Mathematics GCSE – A-C grades
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint,)
• Excellent time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, including printers
• A ‘Levels or equivalent qualifications
• Business administration or equivalent qualification
As an Administrative Assistant and Receptionist, you will be responsible for:
Customer Facing Responsibilities
- Handling incoming calls and emails
- Greeting all visitors and guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Providing general support to visitors including providing refreshments, WIFI access etc.
Scheduling and Co-ordination
- Contacting, arranging and co-ordinating fieldwork for the research, consultancy and Views team
- Co-ordinating internal meetings e.g. away days and board meetings including organising refreshments and venues
- Co-ordinating travel itineraries and booking transport for members of the team
- Managing meeting room booking
- Contacting research participants and at times collecting data to support the research team
- Writing and distributing email and other correspondence for staff and customers
- Promoting participation in research projects with an ability to communicate the details of the research project
- Assisting in the preparation of the company’s monthly newsletter
- Maintaining and updating customer databases
- Updating the company’s social media platform to support the research and Views departments
- Promoting research project such as organizing and distributing materials to potential participants/stakeholders
- Routine management of the office. This will include basic tasks such as buying supplies, reporting issues to building management and tidying, cleaning and maintaining a pleasant working environment.
- Maintaining an efficient and logical filing system
- Ordering office supplies and finding the best deals with existing and new suppliers
- Liaising with the Operations Manager to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Assisting with a wide variety of other general admin tasks
- Upload financial documents onto secure portal on a weekly basis to support the outsourced book-keeping function
- We are a small, fast-paced business with ambitious growth plans. Everyone in the team works flexibly and has the opportunity to take on responsibilities outside of their role to support the business and the team.
- At times, you may be required to work out of office hours.