Vibrant office, and small team (3 people), so culture fit will be crucial.
Great opportunities for growth, and an excellent career path through the company.
As it is an IT re-seller, there will be lots of opportunities to get hands-on experience with a lot of different technology.
Two fairly informal F2F interviews, both competency-based.
- Annual company bonus (discretionary and after 1 year of service)
Driving license requirement - The office is just outside York, so the candidates will need to be able to drive in. There will also be occasional visits to clients' sites, to which candidates will be required to drive.
Job Title: 1st Line Support Engineer
Location: SBL, East Moor House, Sutton on the Forest, York
Reporting to: Technical Manager
To work within the Technical Services Team, supporting external customers and internal staff.
To carry out a varied selection of duties including, but not limited to:
- Acting as 1st line technical helpdesk to external customers and internal staff, providing telephone and deskside support
- Active Directory account management
- Exchange mailbox management
- Skype for Business account management
- Imaging desktop/laptop pcs
- All other IT duties which may arise
Skills / Experience Required:
- Minimum 24 months experience in an IT systems environment
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft client operating systems – Windows 7/8.1/10
- Good knowledge of Microsoft client applications – Office 2010/2013/2016
- Strong knowledge of PC/Server Hardware
- Administration of Active Directory accounts
- Knowledge of computer network system protocols, IP addressing and TCP\IP networking
- Enterprise Mobility Management Platforms
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Applications
- Microsoft MCSA/MCP
- Microsoft O365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- IT Security products
- ‘Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative