Excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding IT business with Worldwide business interests. Great company and an excellent working environment.
This position is critical to the successful delivery of client projects and ultimately the business as a whole. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will work with Services Director to ensure the right people are available at the right time in the right place.
The Resourcing Manager is expected to travel to the Zagreb office on a monthly basis.
• Identifying and assigning Consultants, Project Leads and Contractors to new client project and changes in existing project resource requirements.
• Leveraging internal capability and associate resources where required to ensure excellent service delivery and capability development.
• Provide advice on how to improve the effectiveness of the resourcing functions and support continuous improvement activities.
• Act as the single point of contact for Consultants to aid their utilisation, taking into account individual needs from a wellbeing perspective.
• Manage UK Services leave. Review and approve/reject requests as required balancing against resource needs.
• Provide regular reports on resource utilisation and forecast resource utilisation.
• Manage and report on consultant ‘bench’ time.
• Manage global Services resources liaising with local regional resource stakeholders/leads, ensuring that all regions are up to date in the Resource Planner / Kimble.
• Ensuring consultant Timecard entry monitoring, reporting and compliance. A particular focus when approaching month end periods.
• Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders with clear effective and timely communication.
• Build strong working relationships with Sales managers, ensuring that their needs are clearly understood and acted upon. Challenging where necessary and clearly managing their expectations with regards to resource allocations.
• Work closely with the PMO.
• Ensuring commercial coverage or highlighting potential gaps on commercial coverage in order for corrective action to take place.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
• Excellent organisation skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, often with competing priorities.
• Proactive approach and strong commercial awareness
• Proven experience in resource management in a consultancy/ client facing environment
• Am ability to deal with many competing demands, able to balance these to come to a reasonable proactive conclusion.
• Preferable – hands on Kimble experience.
• A strong analytical mind set and approach.
• Good MS Excel skills, e.g. for scenario planning.