This is a career defining opportunity for someone to work towards the Director of Finance position within a 5 year time scale. You will be operating within the Group Head Office function of an organisation that has grown in size 6 fold over the last 7 years and is continuing to expand. Immediate responsibility will be to manage the Group Finance team of approximately 8 staff including the Systems Accountant. In addition you will have dotted line responsibility for a team of 4 Senior Finance Partners who manage the budgets, financial reporting and transactional processing for over 40 operating units.
My client is looking for a Qualified Accountant with exceptional staff management skills and a strong mix of financial and management accounts experience plus excellent systems awareness. You will be the key contact for external regulators so statutory experience is pre-requisite. Experience of consolidation and preparation of complicated and detailed board packs would be a useful addition to your CV.
The Finance Director is starting to relinquish a great deal of accounting responsibility as his role becomes more commercial and business operational due to the continued growth of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead, motivate a small Central Finance team of five, provide direction and development, performance appraisals and reviewing all their work, including the Federation management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Responsible for maintaining and developing the financial system (PSF) with the help of the System Accountant.
• Continually develop the existing systems and controls in this fast pace and rapidly growing business
• Monitor Federation performance against budget, ensuring no overspends
• Set the annual timetable for all areas of financial reporting
• Work with the Senior Finance Business Partners to ensure adherence to company finance policies and practices. Also the development and improvement of reporting and efficient running of the central finance function.
• Liaise with the Internal Audit team to ensure all finance procedures are adhered to and any other issues as appropriate
• Record and evaluate all proposals for expenditure on capital and other projects.
• Review and monitor all major group contracts such as photocopying, catering and utilities
• Prepare consolidation of the unit accounts and annual budgets
• Plan and manage cash flow, funding and capital expenditure.
• Plan and manage the VAT liabilities
• Compiling the annual P11D and PSA returns
• Investigating, implementing and managing tax-related issues
• Responsible for all Company Secretarial compliance, including annual returns and keeping records up to date.
• Control treasury function, including opening bank accounts, updating mandates, credit card management and investigating low risk investment opportunities.
• Ensuring full and adequate insurance is in place and processing claims as required
Package will include a highly competitive salary, bonus, health and an excellent pension scheme. Position is based South London/Surrey borders.