Our client are a market leading Consultancy who deliver managed services and innovative solutions to a range of global enterprise and mid-sized customers. They pride ourselves in a business outcome led approach coupled with an engineering DNA to deliver greater value for our clients compared to other providers and solution companies.
Candidates MUST have a strong proven background working in the telco's market for major carriers, fixed and mobile with enterprise scale project and programme experience. Please do not apply if you dont have this background.
Due to their ongoing success and growth they are looking for an experienced Telcos Programme Manager to organise and coordinate projects as part of our managed services and solution delivery. You will provide guidance to delivery teams and project managers in ways that promote our company culture and values. You will oversee the delivery, ensuring on-time, high quality output, which meets (and often exceeds) the expectations of our client stakeholders, all within agreed budgets.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader working in a virtual environment, and have experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams coming together to deliver high levels of client satisfaction. You will be able to develop efficient and effective strategies and tactics to meet client needs and overcoming obstacles (both client side and internal).
- Must be well versed working within Telcos facing off with strategic Stakeholders and managing internal teams - only candidates with Telcos experience will be condisered.
- Strong at managing multiple project concurrently.
- Strong consultative personality with proven relationship building at all levels.
- Formulate, organise and monitor the delivery of inter-connected projects as part of an overall managed services programme
- Devise and develop suitable strategies for delivery, cadence and governance
- Coordinate across interconnected projects and deliverables ensuring overall programme success
- Lead and guide delivery teams so that all the component parts come together at the right time to the right quality
- Manage delivery to agreed quality standards and SLA’s, on-time and within budget
- Monitor progress, proactively identifying and addressing potential issues before they cause any impact
- Work with client stakeholders, managing and delivering to their expectations
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Pre-empt, own and manage escalations through to successful resolution
- Manage a formal RAID register giving due visibility and oversight
- Prepare and present plans and progress reports to senior management (both at client and internally)
- Monitor programme performance metrics (both internal and client facing), devising and recommending ways to improve productivity, reduction in re-work (increasing right-first-time, etc.)
- Provide constructive feedback to line managers on performance of delivery teams and individuals
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing complex IT and technology programmes
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Knowledge and experience of developing budgets, schedules and resource plans
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (both internal and client)
- Proficiency in the use of project & programme planning and tracking tools including MS Project. Some experience of project and portfolio management suites such as CA PPM (fka Clarity) or HPE PPM is an advantage
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Flexibility to travel to client sites
- Strong problem solving skills, will own issues until full resolution
- Attention to detail, ensuring quality, spotting potential problems before they become issues
- Effective service delivery and escalation management
- Qualifications to Bachelor’s degree or higher
- PRINCE2, MSP or equivalent formal methodology certification
- Commercial and business acumen
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established consultancy where you can have a strategic impact working with one of their top telcos accounts developing an established and successful relationship.