Seeking an experienced Neighbourhood Manager to work on a 35 hour per week contract role to start on the 03-07-17 until the 22-12-17 with a likely extension. All candidates must hold a current Standard CRB/DBS check
Hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
To deliver a comprehensive and responsive housing management service to a multi tenure portfolio, helping to create attractive, safe and sustainable neighbourhoods and communities with a focus on positive customer outcomes and satisfaction
To provide expert guidance and best practice advice on a range tenancy and leasehold management services
Develop and drive a performance culture with a focus on continuous improvement, accountability and personal responsibility
Actively contribute towards the formation and implementation of the strategic direction and operational direction of the organisation and the neighbourhood management service in particular
To provide support, guidance and direction to staff and proactively manage staff performance in accordance with THH People Strategy and HR policies and procedures.
Be responsible for managing a portfolio for specific housing management issues where attention is required to achieve a consistent approach across THH.
Education and Experience:
- Experience of successfully managing a front line housing management service in complex and diverse communities and achieving high customer satisfaction with outcomes
- Substantial performance and staff management experience within an environment of continuous improvement, including developing service innovations that deliver against performance targets
- Experience of taking a leading role in resident engagement and of working both with Tenants and Resident Associations and within an organisation’s involvement structures.
- Experience of decision making over a range of tenancy and estate based issues
- Excellent knowledge of housing law
- Awareness of the issues facing housing organisations in the public sector and ability to contribute to implementing aspects of new legislation
- Excellent understanding of issues faced when working in a housing management environment delivering services to tenants and leaseholders
- Strong understanding of the impact of equalities legislation on service delivery
- Good all round knowledge of key areas such as lease management, resident involvement and tenancy fraud.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present information coherently at Managers and Resident’s meetings
- An ability to work closely with and understand the demands of residents
- Ability to lead on negotiating solutions with a range of partners and key stakeholders so as to deliver positive outcomes for customers and communities