Seeking an experienced Strategic/Senior HRBP and lead for employee relations casework to work on 17-07-17 until the 22-07-17 with a likely extension.
Hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
You will play a key role for an interim period as part of the Client’s HR senior leadership team:
- Ensuring a strategic overview and influence regarding employee relations casework – particularly in relation to the review of policies, provisions and procedures (informal and formal) relating to sickness and ill health.
- (Acting) Senior Business Partner for Health, Adults and Community department – pending review of structure within HR.
- Working with internal and external partners to lead delivery of pro-active and high quality HR activities to support delivery of the Client’s strategic objectives and targets.
- Working with colleagues to foster good working relationships with the Client recognised Trade Unions.
Employee Relations Casework
You will take a hands-on lead in the review and resolution of current casework, particularly in relation to sickness and ill health, and will ensure appropriate advice and guidance is given in relation to employee relations casework including, in conjunction with external legal advisers, the assessment of risk and evaluation of outcomes.
- Ensuring the review of all existing employee relations cases.
- Undertaking initiatives that develop case work expertise within the workforce, ensuring the timely and effective investigation, including tracking and conclusion of employee relations casework.
- Playing a lead support role alongside colleagues in the drawing up and review of policy, provisions, procedures and guidance relating to employee relations – particularly wellbeing, sickness etc; and providing the technical content and overview for a learning and development specification for all managers with employee relations responsibility.
- Transforming the way employee relations are managed through strategic overview, specific project management and intervention where needed, leading and championing excellent HR practice.
- Supporting the business to identify problems, develop appropriate interventions and solution by facilitating improvement processes concerning team performance, organisational design, change management and internal communication.
(Acting) Senior Business Partner for Health, Adults and Community department – pending review of structure within HR.
Partnering the Corporate Director for Health, Adults and Community department and its Departmental Leadership Team providing a productive and influential working relationship by:
- Providing a HR strategic departmental overview, within the context of the Client delivering its cultural change agenda through its HR Strategy and any supporting plans.
- Ensuring, influencing and working in conjunction with the Health, Adults and Community department to achieve departmental commitment, engagement and delivery of the Client’s cultural change agenda and HR Strategy.
- Participating in and influencing the Health, Adults and Community department strategic planning process to ensure the people agenda is fully recognised.
- Establishing and maintaining high quality best practice advisory services ensuring seamless delivery supported by creating a positive employee relations climate.
- Facilitating advice and support on the management of change programmes relating to restructure, redundancies, early/ill health and efficiency retirement and redeployment in for the Client.
Specific Minimum Qualifications and Expertise
- Proven ability to lead and influence policy and behavioural change at a senior level through customer services and leadership capability.
- Demonstrable understanding of the services delivered by Health, Adults and Community Directorate, including their strategic priorities and challenges
- Experience of achieving outcomes through the application of high level professional expertise.
- Excellence in team management and service delivery in relation to the provision of customer orientated services including the ability to manage departmental relationships.
- Track record in executing team and individual performance effectively.
- Embedded communication ability both upwards and downwards within an organisation and externally to improve service delivery.
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with recognised trade unions.
- Chartered CIPD qualified and relevant developed HR expertise (MCIPD).
- Postgraduate Qualification and experience in Employment Law.