Cadman Fine Wines (CFW) is a UK-based independent fine wine merchant, based in Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire. Established in 2004, the business comprises a fully functional e-retail website, a customer list of over 3,000 names (predominantly, though by no means exclusively, mainland-UK based) and a full procurement and fulfilment operation.
CFW has a current core turnover of circa £600,000 per annum, and is part of a group of 38 companies across the British Virgin Islands, USA and Canada, some of which also have a focus on fine wine.
CFW is currently looking for a new Sales Support and Logistics Administrator (“SS&LA”) to replace an outgoing resource and provide energetic / enthusiastic general support to the business.
The UK office numbers circa 12 employees, including both operational and administrative staff involved (primarily) in other group businesses. The role will report directly to the Group Marketing Manager and work closely with internal and external members of the wine team.
- Frontline for CFW customer support on a day-to-day basis (phone, email and in person).
- To manage the effective and orderly storage of the products sold by CFW and ensure they are delivered in accordance with our objectives – reliable, efficient, prompt and exceeding customer expectations wherever possible. This will involve helping customers, organising deliveries and from time to time unloading goods from suppliers and (bonded) warehouses.
- To ensure that the Castle Ashby warehouse is run like a showroom, suitable for customer and supplier visits so they will be able to browse wines and footwear (for Tredders.com).
- To support and contribute to the sales and marketing efforts of the CFW team.
- To provide such general admin support as necessary to CFW and also to contribute to both the Castle Ashby office and other Group operations as required.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous customer service or retail experience – know what great service looks like, sounds like and feels like.
- Some logistics experience desirable, especially the sale / movement of fine wines worldwide
- Knowledge or willingness to expand knowledge of fine wines
- PC & Web literate
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Genuine interest in talking to people
- Adaptable, friendly and flexible – able to operate in a team and individually
- Enthusiasm and willingness to get involved in a wide variety of jobs
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and work under pressure.
Terms negotiable, salary + pension (3%)
Working hours 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours) – some flexibility possible
Holiday – 21 days