To ensure that incoming enquiries into the business for both Sale and Rental opportunities are dealt with in a professional, timely manner, are accurate in order to maximize the best margin or return possible for the business.Main responsibilities
• Review incoming enquiries, establishing the full scope of works, identifying both items of in-house manufacture and subcontract specialist services, liaising with Sales to resolve queries
• Liaison with external suppliers and Subcontractors over identified services ensuring that the services that they are offering are compliant with our clients needs, where not clearly identify and qualify.
• Qualify bid with any necessary risk items and exclusions/qualifications.
• Produce an accurate estimate of cost for each individual project from the estimate system/drawing and/or template creating and sourcing special non-standard prices and entering onto the system to develop the database for future use. Estimates created using Excel. Apply margins and ROI’s in accordance with the companies pricing policy.
• Produce specification (Word) and presentational information to compliment the drawing and estimate.
• Liaise with internal departments such as Purchasing, Development, Electrical over their relevant areas of work, as well as subcontractors for quotations for non in-house items
• Attend in-house & external project meetings as necessary, to enable the successful and cost effective running of enquiries.
• Be mindful of deadlines and achieve where possible but keep all involved informed of any delays.
Job experience & skills requirements
• Good communication/presentation skills
• Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
• Capable of meeting deadlines
• High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
• Good team player
• Good numeracy and computer skills
• Knowledge of materials/construction methods
• Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
• Experience within the System Building Market would be extremely useful
Some travel will be required
Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
Recognised building qualification ONC, HNC or degree would be an advantage