Seeking an experience Senior Business Support Officer to work on 14 hour a week contract role to start on the 03-08-17 until the 09-02-18 with a likey extension. To work 14 hours a week - Thursdays and Fridays
Hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 PM, Thursday to Friday only.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Be the first point of contact for the Service Manager, Education, Social Care and Wellbeing
and their work areas, assessing and prioritising level of response required.
2) Provide secretarial and administrative support to the senior management of the
Directorate, including compiling reports, typing, maintenance of appointments diaries,
reception and arranging, servicing and minute meetings where required within respective
area and develop and maintain an electronic filing system.
3) To draft and prepare high quality correspondence, reports, financial and technical
documents, forms, etc, from hand-written drafts or audio equipment using word processing
4) To receive, deal with or direct personal callers, dealing with highly sensitive and
confidential matters in a professional manner.
5) Comply with policy ensuring quality, standards and probity are maintained in all work
carried out within the office.
6) Compile statistical data/information, budget information as required, producing reports and
spreadsheets to required timescales.
7) Ensure that all agendas/background papers etc. are available to the Service Manager in
time for scheduled meetings
8) To receive, record and distribute incoming/outgoing post, as set out in the Council’s
Customer Promise, and maintain a record of items received and date replied, ensuring
replies are prepared within pre-determined deadlines. Acknowledging where necessary
and distribute post for action to the relevant managers within the Directorate.
9) To support the Service Manager co-ordinating their responses to enquiries/complaints,
involving liaison with other officers, Members and outside organisations, and presenting
information as directed.
10) Service the Service Management Team meetings, organising meeting timetables, booking
venues, sending out agenda papers, writing minutes and chasing up any actions.
11) Retain accurate working papers for examination by Internal/External Audit and assist on
issues raised where necessary.
12) Manage trainees, persons on work experience etc. with an understanding of how the
section operates and supervise as required.
13) Learn and use any appropriate computer software packages necessary to meet the
requirements of the Directorate and to keep up to date with software developments in
order to improve and develop the Directorate’s I.T capacity. These packages to include
excel, power point and desk top publishing.
14) Requisition goods and services required for the running of the Department, monitoring
expenditure against the officer budget and supervising/initiating payments against the
office budget, ensuring Compliance with Financial Regulations and Standing Orders in
relation to all tasks carried out.
15) Apply a high degree of tact, sensitivity, diplomacy and confidentiality across the whole
range of administrative duties.
16) Comply with the Client’s schemes with regard to Equality, Sickness, Discipline,
Capability, Performance Management, Training, and other personnel and administrative
17) Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are discharged in accordance with the Client’s
Health and Safety at work policy.
Knowledge of office procedures and administrative systems, including procurement systems
2. Knowledge of generic and specific IT databases and software packages, Excel & Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
3. Knowledge of LBTH Financial Regulations
Qualifications & Experience
Literate and numerate to a level at whichforms, basic statistics, correspondence and filing systems can be understood and work arising from these can be progressed.
2. Minute taking experience at HR meetings / Project Boards and Management meetings
3. Previous experience in an administrative post.
4. Experience of operating office and information systems.
Experience of relevant software packages e.g. databases, Excel, Word, Outlook.