Travelbag is delighted to be recruiting again for an experienced Long Haul Travel Sales Consultant based at it's store in Winchester.
Owned by dnata Travel, part of the Emirates Group Travelbag have been tailor-making dream holidays for customers for over 35 years and have 7 retail stores and 2 call centres in the UK
In this role you will maximise sales, turnover and profitability of our products by providing a high quality service, specialist knowledge and salesmanship for all enquiries. You will ensure all enquiries are handled in a professional manner, providing the best possible experience for our customers and ensure they keep returning to us.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7 including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Salary: Basic £16,000 - £18,000 dependent on experience + uncapped commission. OTE in the first years £25,000
- Proactively match customer requests to our extensive range of products, maximising all sales opportunities whilst providing a perfect holiday experience.
- Consistently achieve individual monthly sales targets as well as contribute to the overall achievement of the store targets.
- Ensure your product knowledge is up-to-date and share this with colleagues.
- Proactively sell ancillary products e.g. travel insurance, transfers
- Act as an ambassador to Travelbag. Ensure all customers are greeted and responded to appropriately
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to all customers at all times and encourage repeat business
- Provide feedback on success of promotional activities
- Attend, participate in and contribute positively towards team meetings/briefings
- Recommend constructive improvements to system or working practices
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Previous travel industry experience – ideally in a long haul, tailor made environment
- Experience of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- GDS experience is an advantage, but full training will be given
- Good IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide a high level of service - face-to-face, by telephone and by email
- Ability to work under own supervision and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Passionate about travel.