The Salary - £28,000 - £30,000
22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
Perkbox benefits scheme
Can work on their own-self starter. Very analytical-handle a variety of accounts and keeping up with multiple.
As Accounts and Payroll Manager, you are required to support the Business through the execution of high quality Accounts and Payroll duties. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential to this role to fulfil the key responsibilities listed below.
It is essential that you can explain things simply and easily and communicate with stakeholders with varying levels of understanding of Accounts and Payroll. You will be expected to resolve accounting and payroll queries via phone and e-mail and where applicable, escalating them to ensure issues are resolved appropriately and timely.
This is an ideal opportunity for a strong well rounded accounts/payroll expert looking to work in a varied standalone role and as part of a busy head office.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Day to day control of accounts payables, accounts receivables and reconciliation of bank accounts to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for the Payroll using SAGE payroll for circa 150 employees including starters and leavers, employee payroll queries, Time and Attendance, P45's, P46's, SSP - Sick Pay, SMP - Maternity Pay, SSP Paternity pay, general payroll paperwork, preparation of monthly BACS payments and termination payments. Payroll is shared with another payroll manager; this role will be accountable for one half of our retail estate.
- Production of monthly, quarterly, and year end management accounts and reports to the Board of Directors
- Dealing with HMRC and PAYE, ensuring we remain compliant with HMRC regulations & guidelines and ensuring all statutory reporting is completed to the highest standards
- Processing starters/leavers and amendments on the Company pension scheme and management of the pension auto enrolment process
- Bank reconciliation and accurate completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Checking and processing of staff expenses
- Assisting with preparation of accruals, credit control and payment schedules
- Advanced use of SAGE Accounting
- General finance administration including filing, archiving, taking phone calls and providing support to other team members as and when required
These are the experience, skills and values we require for any applicant or current staff member to be successful in this position. All parts excluding the desirable criteria are essential for success and must be demonstrated.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility for administrative activities relating to payroll;
- Takes a proactive approach to developing knowledge and skills within own profession
- Builds trust and respect within the business, on all payroll queries
- Always seeks innovative, yet appropriate ways of working, never let complacency set in;
- Is approachable, with an effective communication style with all stakeholders
- Demonstrates 100% pride in what you do; sustain this through every aspect of your work, including through your appearance and your networking, always represent us and O2 with pride;
- A good work life balance.
Essential Skills Criteria
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of SAGE 50 accounts and SAGE Payroll systems
- Good awareness and knowledge of Time and Attendance Systems
- Excellent understanding of Excel including formulas and producing reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload with confidence
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post-holder at any time according to the needs of the business.
SAGE 50 and SAGE Payroll,experience, good awareness of Time and Attendance Systems. Desirable-AAT Qualified