Our client is Looking for an experienced Business Support Officer to work on a 36 hour per week contract role to start on the 02-08-17 until the 02-10-17 with a likely extension. This job is based in Peckham, Southwark,
Hours are: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Current DBS with at least 6 months validity Essential . Previous experience of working in Adult Social Care social work or occupational therapy services Essential.
The Business Support Officer has responsibility for administration processes within a defined service area or professional discipline, which will involve the completion of varied tasks, the application of criteria, finding solutions where matters are not wholly defined and dealing with complex queries. This may include the supervision of other staff. He/she also provides general office management tasks or gives direction to colleagues in completing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a level to compile; reports (including embedded tables / diagrams), correspondence, presentations, maintaining spreadsheets, meeting arrangements.
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities principles apply in administrative and customer services.
- To understand the principles of supervision.
- Literacy skills in order to research and produce reports, management information, non-standard correspondence, minutes and accurate records of meetings.
5 Numeracy skills in order to compile statistical and financial information and undertake complex calculations.
6 To have significant administrative experience including:
- interpreting policy/ procedural guidance, where courses of action are not clear, and advise others accordingly
- compiling and maintaining records and administrative systems both manual and computerised
- managing manual and IT records to achieve efficiency and confidentiality
- using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software
- organising and prioritising a workload, managing conflicting demands.
- working in a customer focused environment,
- Experience of composing written materials that meet customers’ needs:-
- original correspondence,
- appropriate use of e-mail
- simple reports,
- administration of meetings including note/minute taking
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships with staff and colleagues.