We are seeking to secure the services of highly competent Communications Manager to join their team based in Oxfordshire.
Purpose of the role
· To use media relations to create awareness of and engagement with our client, its work, services and products
· To provide an efficient press office service, managing media enquiries and issuing press statements and case studies
· To develop and manage the social media strategy, to create our client’s wider engagement, to develop engaging and compelling content, and to plan social media schedules
· To measure and report on both press coverage, editorial impact and social media reach
· To generate and manage content for staff facing channels including newsletters and intranet
· To write and manage the production of an annual review of our client’s work
· Develop media relations strategies for specific strategic priority areas, themes, projects, and campaigns in order to meet business objectives
· Work with other Marketing Managers to implement communications activity globally, including promotion of projects and the client’s regional centers
· Influence and build relationships with the media, journalists and key stakeholders
· Keep abreast of topical issues and long-term media coverage in the fields in which the organization operates in order to target appropriate outlets for potential coverage of their activities
· Create stories, commission positioning papers, and write and produce press releases and articles to achieve above coverage; identify appropriate means of distributing press releases and maximising press coverage in different countries by, e.g. pursuing and managing relationships with external PR agencies and collaborating with Marketing Managers and staff in the client’s centers
· Supporting Publishing Sales & Marketing team to promote our clients publishing products through print, broadcast and social media
· Increase engagement with the social media platforms, primarily: Facebook, YouTube, Linked-In, Google+
· Sound understanding of PR techniques including writing for print, online and broadcast media and speeches/presentations, as well as working with journalists
· Sound understanding & experience of successful social media plans and implementation
· Articulate, persuasive and confident; provides clear, concise verbal and written communications.
· Offers views and opinions to enhance discussions at all levels and can make decisions.
· Openly communicates in an enthusiastic and motivated manner.
· Excellent planning and time management skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Knowledge or qualifications in agriculture / bioscience
In return you will have the chance to join a well established firm that is continuing to expand.