Job title: Bid Writer
Reporting to: Bid Manager
Location: Central London (Close to Liverpool Street Station)
Job type: Permanent & Full-Time
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Benefits: Company Pension, 23 days holiday, ongoing training & development, career progression
About the role:
My client is looking to hire a Bid Writer to join their Managed Print Solutions division working for the Bids Team, who provides managed print services to a range of large private and public sector organisations throughout the UK. This includes provision or pre-sales print audit/consultancy and multifunctional devices, printers, scanners and print/document management software.
Working in the Bids Team, within Professional Services Team, the role is to assist in the creation of bespoke responses to Tenders, RFI's, ITT's and PQQ's, acting as a point of contact/information for both customers and the sales teams. You will be involved in all aspects of the preparation and production of bids and tenders. The role is to bid write and collate responses within a fast-paced environment working alongside key stakeholders within the business. You would be working on more than one tender at a time and to specific timelines.
What you will do:
- Effectively project manage the completion of bids & tenders, within defined timescales.
- Provide all contributors with style guides and individual response templates.
- Chair kick off meeting on tenders and ensure all contributors are clear on their objectives.
- Support the creation of Managed Print Solutions where required.
- Bring together content from various sources to produce a bespoke response for each customer.
- Accuracy in completing documents and price elements of bids & tenders.
- Support in the administration of various tender portals.
- Offer Pre sales support including responses to RFI's and PQQ's.
- Attention to detail is key and advanced skills on Word.
- Create, develop and coordinate a body of corporate responses for the direct sales team.
- Liaise with, and support, cross functional departments to ensure knowledge is up to date and accurate information is supplied in all responses.
- Maintain an up to date awareness and knowledge of the product range including solutions.
- Carry out other projects/duties as required.
- Maintain close working relationships with members of the Bids and Tender Team.
- Utilise the support available from other departments to maximum effect e.g. Marketing, Professional Services, Sales etc.
Your experience will include:
- Previous experience working within a Bids & Tenders team or commercial operations function.
- Managed Print Service background would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Visio).
- Knowledge of project management techniques - PRINCE2, Agile, Waterfall.
- Ability to work in pressurised environment to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work across departments and with Group Bids function to promote common message.
- Be comfortable with rapid change.
- Outgoing, creative and open-minded.
- Self-confident and enthusiastic.
- Firm, responsible and consistent when dealing with people at all levels.
- Approachable and willing to assist others.
- High degree of integrity.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build, maintain and sustain working relationships, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
What's in it for you?
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Benefits: 23 days holiday, Company Pension Scheme
Access to additional voluntary benefits (childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy)