We are looking for an extremely bright Technical Author / Writer to join our clients R&D team in London.
You will create technical documentation, review content and provide editorial support e.g. for whitepapers. You will also report back your opinions on usability or if a feature is difficult to document.
In addition, expect to:
• Maintain standards and consistency in all technical documentation
• Provide support and advice on documentation on an ad hoc basis
• Develop an understanding of all products and how they are deployed together
• Work very closely with the R&D team to document features even as they’re being developed
Preferable skills sought
• Experienced Technical Author, preferably within the enterprise technology or security industry
• Excellent clear and concise oral and written English
• Strong technical / science background, passion, interest
• Awareness of the issues in developing documentation for non-native English readers
• A good Honours degree preferably in a science, engineering or computer related discipline, ideally plus a qualification in, or associated with, technical writing or user interaction
• Demonstrated ability to research and distil technical information and present it in a way appropriate to the target audience’s level of understanding
• Proactive self-motivator, with the proven ability to work alone with minimum supervision and guidance, and to understand and prioritise tasks
• Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of more than one team
• You will have achieved excellent academic results from a leading university and additionally done well at A ‘levels or high school stage.
• Highly proficient with online help systems, HTML, Acrobat, and MS Office products.
If you think you have the relevant experience and would be a good asset to my client’s future development, then please does apply with you most up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in contact.