Hybrid Powertrain Diagnostic Strategy Service (contractor, 6 months contract, OUTSIDE IR35)
Support a growing team for Diagnostic analysis and design of Hybrid Powertrains, by the application of Diagnostic methods to ensure product reliability and safety is at the core of future developments.
You must have a broad vehicle system knowledge and a good understanding of system interaction within a Hybrid Electrical Powertrain. You will also have a process driven, quality mind-set supported by technical expertise with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Having previous experience of Diagnostic Strategy Design, DFMEA and requirements capture tools to develop Diagnostic systems would be a plus.
Personal Specification (i.e. education, experience, skills and attributes)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a relevant scientific field with certain years post graduate experience with preferably some of this in automotive Powertrain development
- Logical thinker
- Strong numeracy and literacy, including ability to write clear documentation
- Excellent communication skills and able to work as part of a cross functional team
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the diagnostic processes
- Broad knowledge of vehicle and powertrain systems
- Capable of performing robustly in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability of delivering within demanding deadlines
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Support the PCU Diagnostic Requirements Specification to cover the following Error groups:
- Input / Output Error
- CAN Message / Signal Error
- Hardware/Controller Error
- Application Error
- Include PCU Replacement Strategy FRD - Internal to PCU Fault
- Sub-System Diagnostic Fault Rank Report via CAN (This include Error handling for PCU when TCU is Normal and failure/Error is reported by other controllers e.g. PCU-PEU, PCU-EMS etc.
- External to PCU Fault
Complete Powertrain Error Handling Specification - Transmission level FRD to cover TCU-PCU (include Limp-home Determination based on HF640 component or Sub-System failures and replacement functions need to be activated under Limp-home operations. Please note This is transmission Limp-home determination and failure handling of PCU and TCU.
Review Diagnostic implementation against requirements
- Check coverage of implementation
- Provide instructions and guidance about how to make SW compliant
Lead the work to perform PCU Diagnostic validation on HIL (and vehicle where appropriate)
- Develop test requirements
- Generate plant model / Fault handling specification for fault insertions and this require discussion with Stakeholders
- Support HIL Engineers to implement automated tests
- Support MIL/HIL Diagnostic validation to ensure the requirements are met to the specification.
- Lead the test execution and data collection
- Perform analysis, identify issues and feedback to relevant Engineers using MANTIS tool
- PCU Diagnostic requirements specification agreed with HQ PCU Team.
- Completed PCU Replacement Strategy FRD
- Completed PCU Limp Home requirements specification.
- Review & Agree requirements specifications/FRD with Software Team to implement the requirements.
- Complete Diagnostic test specification.
- Issue reports and analysis filed on MANTIS system.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.