- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for advising on and/or assessing HS2 proposals and approvals, providing statutory consultation responses to HS2 Ltd and their contractors within statutory timescales and other stakeholders relating to HS2 highways approvals across the County.
- To provide statutory highway responses on HS2 (lorry routes, permanent and temporary highways works and street works matters) approvals, Local Traffic Management Plan, etc. on behalf of the Council giving professional advice to HS2 Ltd and their contractors within statutory timescales.
- To lead as appropriate on negotiations with HS2 Ltd, their contractors and appointed professional agents through the HS2 approval process to secure appropriate physical infrastructure improvements and mitigation from approval proposals.
- To liaise with Councillors on HS2 related highway and transportation matters and communicate recommendations made to HS2 Ltd, their contractors and appointed professional agents.
- To represent the Highway Authority on transportation and HS2 related matters at public meetings, local area forums, Parish Council meetings and other committees and panels, providing professional advice and guidance to members and officers of the relevant organisation as required.
- To support other staff in the BC HS2 team, deputising for the Highways team leader as required.
- To work with substantial personal autonomy and accountability requiring minimal supervision
Qualifications / Experience:
- Knowledge of regulatory and technical aspects of Highways Development Management, Planning and associated statutory functions of Local and National Government Planning Authorities.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant planning frameworks, policies and guidance.
- Experience of representing the work area in a professional capacity including preparation of technical evidence and statements.
- Experience of negotiating with developers, their consultants and other organisations at senior level to secure positive planning outcomes and funding
- Knowledge of relevant highways design principles and standards.
- Knowledge of highway and junction capacity assessments including modelling data analysis systems and trip rate generation and distribution.
- Good ICT skills including use of standard Microsoft applications and specialist systems.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 01489882575
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.