Are you a utility surveyor looking for the opportunity of a life time? Does emigrating to Canada excite you? If you are a a utility surveyor or have strong knowledge of GRP this could be the role for you.
My client is one of the leading specialists in utility locating, geophysics and ground penetrating radar (GPR) and are looking for a utility surveyor looking for the exciting challenge of emigrating to Canada.
The position can be within our clients Vancouver, British Columbia, Victoria, British Columbia or Toronto, Ontario office(s) and are willing to sponsor the right candidate for work visas if successful. They have relocated people from the UK to Canada successfully and you will never face the exact same set of challenges twice in this role that can be both mentally and physically fulfilling.
Candidates should have relevant industry experience including the following; Ground Penetrating Radar (high and low frequency), Radio Detection, electromagnetics, drainage surveys, topographical survey techniques and equipment, GPS location and positioning, office survey data processing, GPR data post processing and 2D/3D AutoCAD.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Provide completed utility survey reports to the highest quality, in line with the company and industry standards, within the correct timescales and budget allocation.
- To work independently and part of a team of utility locators.
- Promote the Company Values and carryout your duties in a professional manner, with the ability to liaise clients and affected stakeholders confidently.
- Promote the companies “Safety First “approach in all aspects of your operations.
- Minimum 1 years experience
- Valid, clean, driving license
- Higher Education in a related subject or related work experience
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of utility surveying
- Understand scopes of work and project requirements
- Ideally have working knowledge of current CAD programs
- Possess an understanding of common industry practices and standards, i.e S.U.E
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and out of hours, from time to time
- Detailed knowledge of modern survey methods and survey devices, Total stations, GPS and data collectors
- Knowledge of GPR, radio detection equipment and their use
- Ability to perform detailed field and office surveying work
- The use of post processing software and AutoCAD
- Our client offer excellent remuneration and there is room for advancement within the company for the right candidate. Starting salaries for this position are $50,000 - $75,000 (£30,000 - £45,000)per year depending on experience.
- A company extended health plan, including dental, physiotherapy, vision and well-being
- Excellent company culture - the whole team go away on two large staff vacations a year, camping in the summer and skiing in the winter and have a team atmosphere that is second to none.
- Company cell phone
- Company vehicle
This is genuinely a once in a lifetime opportunity with roles for both Junior and Senior Surveyors across multiple locations