- Experience in a coordination/organisational role
- Good communication skill on all levels
- Professional and well-presented
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Strategic Learning & Development Manager, this role will ensure that we are able to provide training of the highest quality to ensure employees have the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake their roles to the best of their ability
Main Duties – Training Coordinator
- Identify training & development needs within the organisation by extracting data from performance reviews and by consultation with business managers and Human Resources to implement an accurate training schedule.
- Where individuals have specific requirements, communicate with managers to implement an individual development plan.
- Maintain an accurate database of training records, including role specific responsibility information and interrogate this data to effectively plan and invite delegates to compulsory courses.
- Book venues, catering, and trainers for all training programmes and ensure course materials are prepared and available for the trainer in advance.
- Prepare training venues, assist the trainer with set up of equipment and provide refreshments.
- Host or facilitate internal inductions, meetings and workshops.
- Gather feedback from trainers and delegates to assess the effectiveness of training.
- In conjunction with the training administrator, ensure the full learning cycle is completed, including data input on the HR system, inviting and follow up of delegates to confirm availability, creation and completion of attendance records.
- Monitor funding levels for contractor training and provide accurate information for monthly financial processes.
- Assist the Learning & Development Manager in annual forecasting, monthly re-forecasting and month end financial processes to provide income statistics to the management team.
- Take responsibility for the organisation of monthly inductions, maintaining accurate presentations and ensuring all new managers are scheduled to attend within 1 month of their start date.
- Ensure all employees requiring SIA licensing are programmed for the relevant training to support their license applications
- Manage the E-Learning systems to ensure compulsory courses are completed within the agreed timescales.
- Create guidance and support materials and maintain a library of documents on the company intranet.
- Consider the costs of planned programmes to ensure return on investment. Advertise all training courses on the company intranet and consider other marketing opportunities to encourage bookings and increase income.
- Design and develop online training courses based on the needs of the organisation and work with the wider team to produce bespoke face to face programmes to suit specific sectors or job roles
- Research and recommend new training methods and materials to expand Pathways offering.
- Proven work experience as a training coordinator or similar role.
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Proven ability to complete the full learning cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- MS Office proficiency, particularly Excel.
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques.
- Experience of working with E-Learning systems to create and implement online courses.
Proven work experience as a training coordinator or similar role.