Our client is a world-leading animal genetics company. They help farmers to produce high-quality meat and milk more efficiently and sustainably, which increases the availability of safe, affordable animal protein for consumers. They are currently looking for a Lead Environmental and Sustainability Manager to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, tracking and reporting of our client’s corporate environmental strategy, metrics and targets in areas that may include greenhouse gas emission reporting, responsible farming, impact of animal genetic improvement, implementation of renewable energy strategies, water and energy efficiency, transport efficiency, waste reduction and recycling, and animal welfare.
This role involves the ability to develop partnerships, collaborating within global business units and functions across the company in order to implement joint action plans to improve corporate performance and reporting in environmental sustainability and corporate climate action.
This role is uniquely positioned to gain exposure to leaders and operations across the company – including supply chain, product development, research and development, corporate governance, and finance as well as work with external partners and NGOs.
- Plan, implement and maintain the organisation's environmental sustainability programs to reduce the use of non-renewable resources and minimise the environmental impact of operations
- Communicate the organisation's sustainability vision and program information in collaboration with our internal communications and investor relations teams
- Monitor and facilitate progress of sustainability programs consistent with strategies, goals, measurements, and reporting standards
- Lead project management of environmental sustainability – working both cross-functionally and independently – identifying best practices and developing plans to deploy these practices
- Implement tools to track environmental performance data, benchmarking external metrics and tracking organisations, and monitoring related regulations and risks
- Manage the annual assurance process of GHG emissions and other environmental data with KPI owners
- Anticipate internal and or external business challenges – recommending process, product or service improvements
- Contribute to the development of functional strategy
- Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Anticipate business and regulatory issues to improve products, processes, or services
- Communicate complex ideas and influence others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Advanced degree in environmental science or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in corporate sustainability goal setting and reporting, with an emphasis on carbon accounting and GHG/energy goals and metrics, including SBT’s
- Working knowledge of GHG Protocol and carbon accounting and reporting practices
- Demonstrated experience preparing and publishing corporate carbon footprints
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact David Ward on 07761 800201, or send your CV to email@example.com.