Software Engineer (Automotive - Infotainment Software Developer) - Multimedia
This Position is for a strong Software Engineer with good knowledge and hands-on experience in Design/Development/Debugging aspects of Embedded Multimedia (Graphics/ Display/Camera/Video /Audio) on one or more of operating systems like Linux, Android, Greenhills Integrity and QNX embedded systems. The Main responsibility is to provide direct support to end customers and partners with the design, development and debug of SW issues and helping to customize/optimize software to meet the product requirements using the features in target SOC. The Candidate must quickly ramp-up onto an existing project, understand Automotive platform Hardware and Software driver architecture, read/write technical specifications/requirements, demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and work closely with external customers to launch their new products on time.
The successful candidate will get a chance to work on cutting edge infotainment/digital cockpit technologies from leading Auto manufacturers and Tier1s and see the projects through to commercialization.
- 4+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
- Experience with Embedded software development, integration, debugging.
- Experience with embedded Multimedia development in one or more of Audio, Display, Graphics, Camera domains.
- Experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience High level operating systems (Linux and/or Android) Or any Real-time Operating systems.
- Excellent issue triage and Debugging skills
- Good Communication and Excellent Team working skills.
- Quick Adaptability to work in new technologies.
- Experience with Automotive Infotainment projects
- Live debugging and Post-mortem debugging
- Experience with one or more software platforms: QNX, GHS, Linux Containers
- Exposure to Hypervisors and Virtualization
- OpenGL ES, Vulcan, OpenCL
- Audio Frameworks and Drivers
- Experience with Display and Camera drivers and controllers
- Familiarity with bridge-chips (serialiser/de-serialisers), composition, colour formats
- GPU buffer management, GPU shader architecture
- Display panel and /or Camera sensor specifications (timing, pixel clock, framerates)
- Experience with CSI and DSI interfaces
- Video Codecs (HEVC, H265/H264) Audio Codecs (MP3/AAC)
- Experience with System performance profiling and optimization
- Understanding of Linux kernel concepts and relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with : Qt/QML, SHM, Window Managers, Texture Compression, Physical Audio interfaces (I2S, TDM), Sample Rate Conversion/ASRC, DSP software, MOST, eAVB
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Electronics, or related field. (Masters Preferred)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.