Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) have opportunities to join the Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) function as an Information Support Officer, on a 23 month fixed term agreement. You will join a team of 35 personnel overall, working in smaller teams of approximately 5 personnel.
You will be supporting a project to roll out new SharePoint sites and MS Teams to customers across DE&S. In this role, you will be delivery focused, working closely with customers and multiple stakeholders in a complex and fast moving environment. If you have a strong interest in technical solutions, this could be a great opportunity for you.
* Carry out requirements capture and build information solutions to agreed standards
* Interpret policy and maintain information environments and records to ensure compliance with Information Management good practice, standards, policy and legislation
* Provide direction to the Information Support Administrators and deal with any issues raised by them and more complex requests to ensure a high quality of service is maintained
* Actively manage end user expectations to provide high levels of service
* Deliver Knowledge and Information Management related training and briefings to increase knowledge and skills
* Provide guidance for stakeholders and share best practice across the KIM community
* Support Records Management to ensure information can be stored, retrieved effectively and risks managed
* Work collaboratively with other IT Operations team and other functional team members to deliver the service
* Fulfil Primary Delivery Manager responsibilities for your direct reports
* Perform FDO role to improve capability within the function and participate in other function improvement activities
Some travel will be required to UK based locations.
Due to security requirements, these roles are open to SOLE UK NATIONALS ONLY
For your application to be successful in progressing to the next stages, please ensure that your CV demonstrates the following ESSENTIAL criteria:
* IT literacy * Knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams * Working in a customer service, service desk or information management environment * Strong communication skills, both verbal and written * Examples of problem solving
Your CV also needs to contain details of your
* Key achievements * Relevant experience * Applied knowledge and skills
It may benefit your CV also demonstrates the following DESIRABLE criteria:
* An understanding of project management processes * Ability to present complex and technical information to non-technical colleagues * Ability to influence, collaborate and engage with stakeholders at all levels, internal and external * Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise * Numeracy and Literacy
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.