Role Name: Geotechnical Engineer
Job Purpose: To assist with the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering support to Civil Engineering project teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects to time, budget and quality to meet the needs of the customers of Projects Directorate and of LU:
In addition to the generic JD list of Specific Accountabilities there are the following items:
* The Geotechnical Engineer (GE) is responsible for supporting the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering input to project teams undertaking the condition appraisal, monitoring, maintenance and upgrade/renewal of the earth structures asset base.
* The GE is mainly responsible for carrying out geotechnical design of remedial works for earth structures on the LU network in accordance with LU standards. This would involve producing the designs in accordance with the annual design programme.
* The GE is responsible for supporting the provision of specialist geotechnical engineering input to other projects teams across the LU business e.g. bridges and structures, pumps and drainage, Line and Station Upgrades etc.
* The GE supports the review of technical documentation associated with earth structure upgrade project and other civil engineering projects on the LU system.
* The GE is responsible for collaborating as necessary with teams in Maintenance, Capital Programme, and S&C to ensure effective management of earth structures assets.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.