My client are one of the leading water companies in England and Wales, consistently being ranked first in the industry for customer service over the past 3 years and at the same time delivering the lowest customer bills, showing their commitment to continually improvement in both technology and performance to meet the needs of their customers. The Company is in the midst of implementing a number of projects related to their non-infrastructure assets, as part of their AMP7 capital programme.
These projects are aimed at maintaining and improving their treatment works assets to ensure continuous high standard water is supplied to our customers. This work will involve the refurbishing, replacing and improving civil assets on existing clean water treatment works and distribution network implementing new technologies, and developing solutions / designs with key stakeholders & partners. My client are recruiting for a Civil Project Engineer to assist in the management of these schemes with their Project Managers.
Working within the Investment department non-infrastructure team, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Managers to ensure the delivery of projects on time and to budget. You need to be an excellent communicator with a track record of building trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, companies, contractors and suppliers.
Along with a pro-active approach to Health & Safety and customer service, you will need to work at all times in line with our values of excellence, respect and integrity. It is expected that you have a reasonable understanding of project management, in-particular APMP methodology. Previous experience in working within UK Water industry is preferred, either within a Water Company, consultant &/or contractor on design and build projects. We will consider 'Project Engineers' who are looking to take the next step in their career.
* Deliver minor projects as the Project Manager with minimum support from senior project manager support. This involves: - Project scope(s) definition with key stakeholders - Ensuring the projects are delivered on time & budget. - Management of key stakeholder relationships both internally & externally - Creation of the scopes, contracts, reports & position papers, in particular civil elements
* Assist Project Manager(s) in the delivery of projects on time & budget and the 'Day to Day' project management co-ordination tasks to reduce the work load on PM's.
* Civil design specification & client review of civil & general designs to PWL standards,
* Civil condition assessment of civil structures, buildings & distribution networks, in particular service reservoirs
* Supervision of Site Civil Works to PWL & CESWI Standards,
* Street works notification and supervision,
* Quality Assurance / Acceptance of civil works to PWL & CESWI Standards,
* Project management & delivery of minor projects,
* General Site supervision,
* Health & Safety and environment assessments & audits
* Civil Engineering back-ground
* Ability to manage multiple work streams & managers.
* Excellent at working within a team environment.
* Ability to live and work with ambiguity and change
The role requires the following qualifications:
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent
* A relevant or working towards a professional qualification (e.g. MICE C-Eng) or equivalent
* Full driving licence - you will need to undertake our driver assessment
* EUSR Water Hygiene (Blue Card)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.