Our client seeks a technical expert in Automotive Safety Attributes Performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and established Electric Vehicle OEM as they explore exciting expansion.
The UK based team is a technical centre of engineering excellence and boasts some of the UK's most talented Automotive engineers as well as a progressive working environment, including flexible working.
There will be a need for some travel, primarily to China.
In this role you will be responsible for the safety attributes covering the legislation for the global market as well as global consumer safety ratings.
- Lead the global work on safety providing guidance to engineering organisation in Europe and China.
- Establish and confirm vehicle, system and component level safety targets to meet the legal and consumer needs for global market introduction (EU / US)
- Work cross functional with other performance teams as well as studio design, CAE engineers and vehicle engineering.
- Drive engineering issues resolution to meet targets within programme constraints.
- Engage in the early concept development to make sure safety targets will be met for future products.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- B.Sc. or higher education in relevant field for the role. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of US legislation: Federal (FMVSS) as well as consumer ratings in the US-NCAP, IIHS.
- Excellent knowledge of European legislation (EC) as well as EuroNCAP rating.
- Good knowledge of Chinese and other Asian regulations and consumer testing for vehicle safety.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in the field of passive safety with at least 2 or more products recently launched in the global market with 5-stars results.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management
- Willing to travel both to China, Europe and US.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal motivation to join a start-up environment and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development
- Embracing of a fast paced, constantly changing and dynamic agenda
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days holiday + salary sacrifice
- Mobility allowance
- share scheme option
- Flexible working
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.