Our client is the leading supplier of liquefied natural gas (LNG) fuel for road transport in North West Europe. They build, operate and manage fuelling stations as well as dedicated on-site facilities for their customers. They provide advice on the commercial and environmental benefits of natural gas and biomethane and work closely with manufacturers developing the next generation of environmentally friendly, low emission gas vehicles.
About the role
As a result of market growth, our client is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Technical Manager within the Operations & Engineering Team reporting to the Chief Technical Officer. The Technical Manager will be responsible for delivering a range of technical, process and safety activities in support of the Commercial and Project teams.
The Technical Manager will have direct exposure to equipment suppliers, customers and strategic partners as well as a range of experts and contractors involved in supporting our client’s operational activities.
- Responsible for a range of operational and process-based activities including problem solving, process calculations, technical support and input in the development of large-scale greenfield LNG/CNG refuelling stations.
- Responsible for delivery of small-scale upgrade projects and process improvements at existing facilities, potentially managing multiple small projects at a time.
- The Technical Manager will be involved in all aspects of station development from initiation/layout design through construction management to commissioning and initial operation including contributing to broader design strategy discussions.
- The Technical Manager responsibilities will include demonstrating safety compliance with relevant legislation through development of Safety Management Systems, to include reporting, KPIs, auditing and review.
- Will also participate and attend safety assessments including HAZID/HAZOP/QRA & SIS/SIL systems, review output and action recommendations and findings.
- The Technical Manager will in addition to their technical responsibilities support the broader projects and engineering activities including development of fit for purpose systems and processes to reinforce the current health and safety culture.
- Coordinate and work with external consultants and agencies in support of technical development and legislative compliance.
- Engineering degree or vocational equivalent
- Extensive experience in process industries ideally with some familiarity of cryogenics and natural gas systems
- Ideally with NEBOSH or recognised safety qualification
- Experience of working with HSE and COMAH regulations Good understanding of all aspects of Process Safety within a hazardous environment and risk assessment techniques, including LOPA & ALARP.
- Good understanding of P&ID, isometric drawings, CAD based design systems and 3D design modelling
- Development and presentation of project investment cases
- Knowledge and understanding of cryogenic systems and processes in particular LNG
- Understanding of LNG and CNG vehicle refuelling systems and processes
- Knowledge of safety assessment processes and standards including HAZID, DSEAR, HAZOP, SIS/SIL, LOPA, QRA etc
- Familiarity with recognised engineering standards
- Able to review and approve engineering drawings including P&IDs and isometrics
- Working with engineering design teams/houses
- Equipment specification and procurement; working directly with OEMs
- Process troubleshooting
- Strong team working ethos
- Self-starting approach
- Risk aware
- Aptitude to lead and coordinate small teams of contractors and in-house staff
- Capability to function effectively in a rapid growth environment interfacing across a range of disciplines
- Demonstrable ability to build strong relationships with key contractors and suppliers
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Creative in problem solving under pressure
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Clean Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full information, please contact David Blake on 07772552751, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.