As a member of the Project Controls Function, you will use your knowledge and experience to support successful project delivery for Army, Navy, and RAF customers, by ensuring that project costs are rigorously controlled and relevant financial and performance reporting requirements are met. As a Cost Control Finance Professional you will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of management cost information and financial performance reporting in a procurement and/or in-service support environment.
We have multiple exciting vacancies available across both DE&S and SDA for Cost Control specialists. Successful candidates will take lead roles within the planning function to provide robust support across a variety of high value and complex projects and portfolios.
As a Cost Controller you will be responsible for managing a team of cost control finance staff to ensure all project costs are represented, controlled and maintained in the DE&S financial and performance systems. You will work with suppliers and stakeholders to integrate relevant cost and performance information and you will be responsible for ensuring performance and forecasting data is interpreted, challenged and communicated with key stakeholders to drive delivery.
These roles would suit project cost management professionals with proven track record either in supplier, consultant or client-side roles; ideally with a background in delivery projects through the stages of design, procurement and construction/production.
Typical main responsibilities;
* Work with Project Delivery Team to manage and report financial forecasting, including financial risk, providing accurate and insightful commentary, challenge and variance analysis. Provide Financial input and information at the PM/CAM monthly FOO reviews to empower stakeholder decision making.
* Manage the Financial input to the Annual Budget Cycle process in conjunction with PM/PCM and with the production of the PCR forecast and the provision of 1* Screening Packs. Ensure accurate supporting data and resulting actions are reflected in the forecast reports
* Work with PM/Scheduler/PCM to implement Cost Loaded Schedules to drive forecasting. Guide the production of EVM analysis to demonstrate project performance and analyse variances to plan, determine impact on the schedule and cost to complete the scope of work. Ensure consistency with IYM and EVM reporting
* To be able to communicate complex financial performance data in a simple and understandable form to key member of the project, programme and DE&S leadership.
* To influence Senior Leadership within Project, DE&S and Supply chain within the Cost Control technical field.
* Work with Estimators to develop cost models and assist in the production of Investment Appraisals. Monitor project expenditure against approval and liaise with F&A colleagues to ensure that VAT and FOREX costs receive the correct financial treatment
A background in the defence sector is not a prerequisite as we welcome applicants from a broad spectrum of industries and sectors.
Due to security requirements some of these posts are reserved for SOLE UK NATIONALS ONLY.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Have utilised Variance Analysis and Reporting (VAR) to drive project and portfolio performance
* Proven line management, coaching and development skills
* Experience of financial and funding forecasts in a delivery environment
* Experience in performance reporting and audit support
* Experience of financial risk management and investment decisions
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Understand Performance Management / Earned Value Management (APM EVM)
* Proven stakeholder identification and management skills
* Understand Planning, Cost Control / Estimating and the integration with risk
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
* Cost Management
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
* Making effective decisions
About your team
The Project Controls Function is responsible for providing the right information, at the right time, to support better-informed decisions. Driving accountability, responsibility and efficiency across DE&S, our Project Controls teams are involved in all phases of every project helping to predict and oversee the time and cost management of these projects. From Estimating, Risk Management and Cost Control, to Planning and Scheduling and Project Controls Management, our people are crucial to the successful delivery of our work.
Please note role shuts on Sunday 20th September 2020
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.