Northern Power House Trade Manager
£45k per annum
Manchester City Centre
6 month fixed term contract
My client is looking to recruit a Northern Power House Trade Manager to lead on the coordination and delivery of Northern Power House trade strategies, policies and operational plans, representing the local priorities across the region.
Working closely with the Department for International Trade Northern Powerhouse team, the Trade & Investment Group, the NPH Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and wider stakeholders to implement and deliver coordinated programmes, initiatives and intelligence with a strong focus on increasing international trade across key sectors.
- Work closely with the Northern Power House Trade & Investment Group, and other key stakeholders to facilitate and drive operational trade activity within the region ensuring strategic and operational alignment.
- Provide secretariat services to the Northern Power House Trade & Investment group to ensure all policies and strategies are fully developed and implemented locally. Develop close working relationships with each LEP area in the Northern Power House region to ensure programmes are fully embedded with local delivery and support an increase in exports.
- Research, support and write papers and proposals to support the development of trade policy and implementation of export support activities. Coordinate responses across the region and ensure local International Strategies and Local Industrial Strategies are reflected.
- Engage and contribute to Northern Power House and regional International Trade Working Groups to drive engagement, activity, programmes and implementation of NPH Trade priorities. Ensure activities are aligned to the NPH Trade & Investment Strategy.
- Map out, engage and establish collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within the trade and business support ecosystem across the North West, including trade and sector representatives, private partners, inward investment agencies and the Growth Hubs.
- Work closely with the International Trade Development Managers and/or Export Managers based within each LEP / Business Growth Hub to ensure activity is aligned and to increase uptake of regional and local programmes and initiatives. This will include identifying and engaging significant businesses that DIT isn’t already active with and providing referrals into DIT Delivery Partner Trade Teams and the local Growth Hubs as appropriate.
- Foresee and maintain a high level of awareness of national policy and programme developments related to international trade, be able to influence and contribute to these and relate such developments back to service delivery across a range of local delivery partners.
- Contributory pension scheme - you pay in a minimum of 4% of your salary and we’ll pay in 6%
- 25 days holidays with 8 bank holidays increasing with length of service with the option of purchasing up to 10 days holiday per year
- Flexible dress code based on your diary
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave benefits
- Loans for public transport season tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to join a private healthcare scheme at a discounted rate
The Company aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Pre-covid, part of the recruitment strategy was to discuss any suggestions from candidates as to how the responsibilities of any of the roles could be met through a flexible approach to hours and or location. Now we are following the government’s advice for all our staff to work from home where possible. Going forward there will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles.
Should you apply for any of the roles, you will be following a virtual recruitment process with online interviews, as well as online assessments (where required). This will be explained to you further, should you reach interview stage
Interested? Please send your CV to Annalee.Wood@aspirerecruitment.org.uk today